We are currently searching for a Business Development Manager to join our team!
The Company: Ericson Manufacturing engineers and manufactures temporary power, lighting and safety electrical products for your workplace. Family owned and operated since 1918, our mission is to safeguard your jobsite with quality and innovative solutions with a commitment to safety, ease of use and reliability.
Position Overview: This position is the leader of assigned account targets and/or vertical markets comprised of end users, contractors, distributors, OEM’s, and Manufacturer Rep Agencies. This Leader is accountable for achieving both sales growth and profitability goals. This role is directly responsible for new business development and lead generation activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building and developing the pipeline of new business coming into the company by discovering and developing specification and selling opportunities by contacting potential partners both directly and via Manufacturer Rep Agencies.
- Achieves the revenue and profitability quotas for Ericson products as they are sold into the account targets. Establishes an environment and foundation for future sales growth. Sells and teaches others how to sell value and solutions to Ericson’s customers.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Business Development Managers will also help expand existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
- Provides quality leadership for Ericson internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Ericson Values at all times: inclusive of constructive problem solving, facilitating teamwork, and inspiring others.
- Directs the selling activities within the vertical focus(es), inclusive of resource deployment and customer interactions. Prioritizes effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Responsible for sales tracking.
- Evaluates market trends and gathers competitive information, identifies trends that affect current and future growth of sales and profitability. Disseminates this information to colleagues, marketing and sales operations.
- Supports the CRM system and logging of related data such as leads, opportunities, and proactive sales activities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Business Development Manager Skills: Lead generation, People skills, Verbal and Listening skills, Prospecting skills, Telephone skills, Pre-qualification skills, Consultative Selling skills, Closing skills, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Market research and knowledge, Presentation skills, Setting and Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Computer literacy
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Certifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales or sales management
- Ability to manage multiple accounts across the U.S. and Canada
- Experience in the electrical industry is a plus
- New Business Development experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing strongly preferred
Ericson offers a competitive compensation and benefit program
Ericson is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled