RN Care Coordinator - 24 HRS/WK
- Posted: December 01, 2022
- $40,000 Yearly
Ashby Ponds by Erickson Senior Living
Ashby Ponds is a beautiful 132-acre continuing care retirement community in Loudoun County, Virginia. We're part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states-and growing.
Erickson Living is seeking a Care Coordinator that will supporting, identifying and evaluating health plan members at risk for, or experiencing, adverse health events and chronic disease, the Care Coordinator will provide appropriate and necessary interventions to ensure that the member is receiving maximum benefit from health services in a cost effective setting.
How will you make an impact:
- Facilitates efficient care for targeted Erickson Advantage health plan members in a variety of settings, focusing on returning the member to the safest and highest level of independence possible. The Care Coordinator utilizes a variety of interventions and coordinates care for targeted health plan members with a variety of providers, in a variety of care settings.
- Works closely with members who have multiple or poorly managed chronic disease/s. as defined target diagnoses in the health plan Policies and Procedures.
- Assesses the high risk member's current medical circumstances, provides information about health care options, serves as guide and advisor to the patient and his/her family, and establishes and molds the relationship with the primary care physician and the patient. Through risk stratification, high risk members will be identified, and a case opened for members who meet criteria for care coordination services.
- Works with the primary care physician to establish protocols for routine and preventive care which reflect accepted standards of care. Facilitates development of customized care plan through collaboration between the, primary care physician, the health plan member, and other health care team providers including specialists, vendors, and ancillary healthcare providers. As a member of the care delivery team, works to facilitate health plan member compliance and ensure continuity of care per the team's "care plan".
- Reassesses the effectiveness, quality of services, and treatments provided, per health plan Policies and Procedures. Adjusts the plan of care to reflect problems, interventions, goals, and outcomes.
- Care Coordinator will measure case performance based on program goals, objectives, quality indicators, and patient specific outcomes.
- Researches and selects care options as appropriate. The nurse care coordinator may utilize a range of alternative, non-medical services (i.e., diabetic education, cardiac rehabilitation and dietary instruction) and treatments. The care coordinator may also make recommendations for alternative medical care for approval by the primary care physician.
- Assists health plan members and their families in selecting care options by providing information about providers, services and treatments, risks and potential results involved with options.
- Maintains a comprehensive, computerized medical and social history for assigned patients. Information will be used for such activities as patient assessment, care planning, patient/care evaluation, case tracking, and risk prediction, as well as cost analyses. Software system will be utilized to enhance communications among the health care team.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees over 18 years of age.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
What is required:
- BS preferred; Active Professional Licensed RN required. CCM (Certified Case Manager) certification or working toward.
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience (medical/surgical, community health nursing, home health care) and/or 3 years case management and/or UR experience preferred.
- Knowledge of health care and insurance industries and health care delivery systems including current standards of medical practice; insurance benefit structures and related legal/medical issues; and utilization review and quality assurance procedures.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience starting at $40000 per year
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Erickson Senior Living
HealthcareView all jobs at Erickson Senior Living
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?