Business Immigration - Legal Coordinator
- Posted: May 04, 2022
Business Immigration - Legal Coordinator
Erickson Immigration Group has a career opportunity for an entry level / experienced Business Immigration - Legal Coordinator to join our Operations Team in our Headquarters office, located in Arlington, VA.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role:
The Business Immigration - Legal Coordinator is responsible for providing effective and efficient mail processing and data entry and management services to internal clients across the US. This position plays a critical role in our mission to facilitate the hiring and movement of skilled talent on a global scale.
- Assure all mailings are accounted for and accurately updated into the case management system and databases.
- Utilize web-based immigration case management system and database continuously and accurately.
- Scan, file, mail and maintain physical files and supporting documentation.
- Open or close records/cases in the case management system; maintain all records as requested by supervisor.
- General administrative duties - faxing, copying, and typing, etc.
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Follow up with clients for outstanding documentation.
- Update and manage status reports.
- Build knowledge of Firm and client processes.
- Learn procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications (such as drafting and assembling non-immigrant and immigrant petitions and applications).
- Monitor internal systems to ensure immediate processing and high-level customer service standards.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with document scanning and data entry
- Familiarity with a case management system (such as INS Zoom, Tracker, or Law Logix)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced high volume professional services environment.
- Proven experience in handling multiple deliverables efficiently, with strong time management and prioritization skills while supporting various tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate situations and respond quickly and professionally.
- Very strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Show interest in expanding knowledge and responsibilities in casework preparation.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team.
- Must be a team player as well as self-motivated and committed to excellence in the workplace.
Erickson Immigration Group is proud to work with our inspiring and dynamic clients, and their foreign national employees. From innovative start-ups to industry-defining Fortune 500s, our approach is the same - provide high-touch service, transparent and accessible data and dashboards, relevant and timely communication, and the EIG Perfect Plus commitment to "get to yes."
Sectors represented by our firm include CRM service, E-commerce, Social and online news media, Online entertainment and television / movie production, FinTech / financial services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Universities / Public School Districts.
Diversity, equity and inclusivity make us a stronger organization!
- Different voices from a variety of backgrounds allow us to be more knowledgeable, nuanced, empathic, and ultimately, allow us to be better at what we do.
- 50% of the firm's executive leadership are 1st generation daughters of immigrants and women of color.
- We speak 29 different languages.
- Over 20% of our team are immigrants. Many are first-generation Americans who have a personal connection to the immigration process.
- 72% of our employees are women. Women currently lead every department at EIG including finance, HR, operations, case management, marketing, and managing our legal teams.
- 60% of our employees are minorities. We work closely with historically black colleges and universities as part of our recruitment strategy.
- Our company policy is to honor all our employees by celebrating together. We collectively celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid, Easter, Kwanza, Diwali, Juneteenth, Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, Women's History Month, LGBT Pride Month, and Lunar New Year.
Erickson Immigration Group offers a robust suite of benefits for our staff:
- Casual Work Attire (Jeans, yes Jeans!)
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, and Jury Duty Leave
- Affordable Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Group Life/AD&D insurance.
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the costs of dependent care and/or health care expenses
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with generous employer matching contributions and an aggressive vesting schedule.
- Assistance Program (EAP), Beneficiary Assistance, Will Prep and Travel Assistance with Identity Theft Assistance.
** Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position**.
EIG is firmly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. The Company provides employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any individual's status in any class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All aspects of the employment relationship (including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, promotion, discipline, termination, and general treatment during employment) are subject to this policy.
Erickson Immigration Group
LegalView all jobs at Erickson Immigration Group