At Erickson, Brown & Kloster P.C. our mission is to be the premier provider of accounting, tax and consulting services, while maintaining an uncompromised standard of ethics and commitment to provide innovative and value added solutions to our clients, employees and the community
The Tax Administrator provides administrative support to the Tax Department, including assembly of tax return packages, e-file processing and tax engagement letters. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to work with minimal supervision, strong communication skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks to complete detailed projects within strict deadlines.
Director of Finance and Operations
The Tax Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Scan documents for tax and audit workpapers.
- Process audit financial statements and bind.
- Process tax return packages for client/government filings, including e-filings
- Process annual tax organizers and mail to clients.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to copying, mailing and filing
- Set up new clients based on information provided by billers. Set up includes data entry in Ultra Tax, Practice or any other client tracking files.
- Notarize client documents (if licensed by the state).
- Sort mail and ensure delivery to the appropriate person.
- Provide backup for reception and other administrative duties as needed
- Process client billing as directed by billers.
- Answer client calls on billing questions.
- Manage, organize and update relevant data using database applications
- Maintain CPE tracking for staff
- Send estimated payment reminders to clients.
- Complete client requests for copies of tax return
- Maintain and update social media postings
- File tax folders daily before leaving for the day.
- Process the daily deposit.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations or Partners.
Skills and Education Required
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
Three to four years of administrative experience, preferably in a CPA firm setting a plus.
Trust and confidence of the partner group and staff.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required.
Ability to execute tasks under tight deadlines and multi-task.