Erickson, Brown & Kloster, PC Colorado Springs, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $21 to $28 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The primary responsibilities of the Staff Tax Accountant are:
· Technical and Client Service Skills
o Maintain required level of technical knowledge and keep abreast of current developments in the various tax areas.
o Prepare estimated and state income tax payments.
o Research and prepare workpapers for various book to tax differences.
o Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
o Prepare various personal property tax returns.
o Prepare various other tax filings such as sales and use tax, payroll tax, and miscellaneous annual reports.
o Research projects.
o Assist in federal and state audits.
o Assist with tax planning and analysis.
o Interacts with client personnel on an as needed basis.
o Assists the audit department with Reviews and Compilations on an as needed basis.
o Meets rising standards of quality control.
o Attends Continuing Professional Education seminars as agreed upon with your supervisor.
Skills and Education Required
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA certificate or desire to pursue CPA certificate a plus
· An interest in working with small businesses
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Good research skills
· Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
· Positive, can-do demeanor with willingness to “dig in” and get the work done
· Excellent understanding, comprehension and ability to articulate tax and accounting concepts
· Developing or emerging leadership skills
· Knowledge of various business software:
o Adobe, Word, Excel, and Outlook
o Desire to learn accounting software such as Go File Room, Ultra Tax and other software that the firm uses.
Erickson, Brown & Kloster LLC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Erickson, Brown & Kloster LLC makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Erickson, Brown & Kloster, PCWhy Work Here?
The foundation of our business is our people. Compensation is competitive and dependent on experience. Excellent benefit package available.
At Erickson, Brown & Kloster P.C. our mission is to be the premier provider of accounting, tax and consulting services, while maintaining an uncompromising standard of ethics and commitment to provide innovative and value added solutions to our clients, employees and the community.
4565 Hilton ParkwayColorado Springs, CO
Finance and Insurance