ISO Services - Site Manager West Virginia
Ergon Construction Group Newell, WV
- Posted: over a month ago
- Per Diem
ISO Services is a multi-craft industrial services and construction operation providing all disciplines of industrial maintenance and construction. Services include civil; mechanical; electrical; and specialty service trades of insulation, fireproofing, painting/coatings, scaffolding, and insulation material sales.
The Site Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of site maintenance and construction involving ISO Services employees. Construction is a people business, and the primary responsibility of this position is people. This includes recruitment, retention, coaching, mentoring, training, and regularly communicating with all employees. This communication also extends to former employees who may be eligible for re-hire as work demands. The Site Manager is also directly responsible for safety, quality, and financial performance. The Site Manager will get assistance with specific craft procedures and technical assistance from OMSS. The Site Manager is a critical leadership role within ISO Services and will be required to coordinate closely with project managers, HR, QC, EHS, and CME operations groups.
- Manage employees of all crafts at a specific site or area, including maintenance and projects. Treat these employees with respect and fairness. The work of their hands is our product.
- Be the one-call for this customer for all of our work.
- Lead by example.
- Provide written instructions where possible and use our technology tools.
- Use our procedures (work the plan). Work with the management team to develop and adjust procedures as needed.
- Make suggestions for site craft payrates and per diem. Payrates and per diem will meet a balance of attracting qualified candidates and making a profit. The day-to-day site maintenance will have very limited ability to charge customer for per diem.
- Assist with recruiting.
- Appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems by working with OMSS and the HR department
- Work with Safety & Training coordinator to define the training needs and schedule.
- Verify employees are completing paperwork accurately (confirmed material delivery tickets, timesheets, daily field reports, JSA's, audits, etc.).
- Daily assess the need for purchasing equipment through feedback from sales personnel, rental managers, customer feedback and supplier sales personnel.
- Assist with estimating, attending site job-walks, loading/unloading/delivering equipment, and/or supporting service functions.
- Ensure materials, tools, and safety supplies arrive on time for project schedule.
- Plan lodging for employees when required.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Ensure that the location yard, facility, and staff are in a presentable state.
- Handle various daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Hold daily meetings to discuss daily objectives and address safety.
- Ensure implementation and enforcement of Safety and Health Policies and Programs.
- Provide reinforcement with job site leadership to ensure that safety is a priority to them.
- Audit job sites and work areas for conformity and compliance with company and site policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Admin/Office Manager to ensure accuracy of payroll, A/P and invoicing.
- Review job costing data and make changes as necessary.
- Over time the goal/expectation is for the Site Manager to take ever increasing responsibility for work at this site and free-up OMSS and other ISO Services members to pursue/manage work for other customers.
- Site Manager will perform any other tasks as directed by the OMSS.
- Valid driver's license and TWIC Card.
- OSHA 30 or equivalent safety training
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Engineering or Construction plus related 3 years related field experience in industrial construction OR 7 years of Industrial Construction supervision experience.
- Experience with industrial construction, estimating, and/or project controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some Night/Weekend work required.
Qualifications that would add value, but are not required:
- NACE, NCCER, ABC, STI, CWI, NEC, ASME/ANSI
- Capabilities to be qualifying party related to contractor licensing
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extended periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, crouching, and reaching.
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures.
Ergon Construction Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical, 401K, profit sharing and life insurance. Any offer of employment will be contingent on a routine background check, a pre-employment drug screen, and an acceptable motor vehicle report.
We are an EEO/AAP employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ergon Construction Group
Real EstateView all jobs at Ergon Construction Group