Check Handling / Mail Room Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a great company with great pay and great benefits. Ergon, Inc. is a relationship-driven company that values each employee's willingness to learn and contribute to the team. We are family owned with locations throughout the world, but we pride ourselves on maintaining a small-company feel. We are currently recruiting for a check handling / mail room operator to join our team.
Check Handling/Printing Responsibilities:
- Weekly printing, folding, stamping of AP checks
- Monthly printing, folding, stamping of crude checks
- Weekly special handling and distribution of checks according to written instructions from Accounts Payable department
- Check rerouting - When checks are returned by USPS as undeliverable, or when the address is incomplete upon printing, work with AP departments to get mailing address corrected and check sent.
- Crude EFT Statement stuffing
Mail Processing Responsibilities:
- UPS and FedEx shipment label generation
- Collect payments from employees for postage, overnight shipments, or other and make periodic deposits of money collected
- Monitor business reply account balance and request funds when appropriate
- Sort incoming mail
- Distribute mail and packages throughout the building
- Make Vicksburg and other local deliveries
- Assistance with conference room or event setup
- Occasional assistance with switchboard relief
- Other Treasury or Ergon related duties as needed
Check Handling / Mail Room Operator Qualifications/Requirements:
Ability to remain professional and courteous with internal and external customers at all times
Ability to regularly lift 35 pounds
Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and properly prioritize
Close attention to detail and perform basic balancing
Basic computer skills
Basic reasoning and problem-solving skills
Interested applicants should respond with a cover letter and resume. External applicants must submit salary requirements in order to be considered.
Ergon offers a competitive benefits package for our operators: 401(k) Matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance and Profit Sharing
Ergon is an EEO/AAP Employer.
Employment offer contingent upon pre-employment drug test, background check, and MVR.
COVID-19 protocols are in place at this facility.
Job Reference: Check Handling / Mail Room Operator
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Ergon, Inc
Get fresh Mail Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.