- Expired: July 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a great company with great pay and great benefits. Ergon-West Virginia, Inc. is a relationship-driven company that values each employee's willingness to learn and contribute to the team. We are family owned and we pride ourselves on maintaining a small company feel.
Ergon-West Virginia, Inc., in Newell, WV is currently looking for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall refinery operations.
Operations Manager Qualifications:
- Ten years of refining or petrochemical plant operations experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or similar education.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Technically sound using MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Comfortable utilizing cloud based software applications (e.g. Odyssey, Policy Tech, etc.).
- Self-motivated with excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of PSM, OSHA, EPA, RMP and ISO standards.
- Experience planning and coordinating activities for shutdowns, daily maintenance tasks and projects.
- Some travel required
Operations Manager Duties:
- Keeps safe work habits as the highest priority at all times.
- Manages personnel in the Operations group and evaluates performance.
- Ensures refinery is operated in a safe, environmentally-responsible, efficient, cost-effective, reliable, and sustainable manner.
- Ensuring manufactured products comply with specifications.
- Monitors raw materials, intermediate and finished product storage tanks.
- Oversees compliance initiatives.
- Coordinates daily operations activities and monitors plant production.
- Participates in planning and production meetings.
- Responsible for development and implementation of programs to ensure best operating practices.
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Identifies problems and defines solutions as part of the Corrective Action Program.
- Provides on-call support.
- Actively involves employees in quality systems development, maintenance, and improvement.
- Participates in MOC (Management of Change) process.
- Provides support for the Operations department in project scoping and review meetings for projects being designed, scoped and executed in the Operations areas.
Ergon-West Virginia, Inc. is an EEO/AAP employer.
Ergon offers a competitive benefits package: 401k matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, and Profit Sharing.
Employment offer contingent upon pre-employment drug test, background check, and MVR.
Position to be filled: Operations Area Manager
Ergon, Inc - Refining & Marketing
BusinessView all jobs at Ergon, Inc - Refining & Marketing