As Front Desk Associate, you play a key role as the brand ambassador for the company. You are the first point-of-contact for clients, guests, candidates, vendors and subcontractors. Your focus on customer service is complimented by your energetic, friendly demeanor. The role is charged with having a broad understanding of the business units within the company in order to serve our clients efficiently and effectively. You ensure phone calls are answered and routed appropriately, mail and packages are dispersed, and administrative support is offered to those who need assistance.
You will be a collaborator and partner to the organization. The position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
· Answer phone calls courteously and direct calls efficiently and appropriately
· Welcome and assist all clients, customers, guests, and vendors
· Process all incoming and outgoing mail and packages
· Supply oversight and ordering for all offices
· Maintain office lists
· Ensure conference room calendars are maintained along with the overall cleanliness of conference rooms
· Schedule meetings as required
· Order catering as requested
· Assist in planning and executing special events
· Assist with miscellaneous office projects as needed
· Deliver packages or mail to appropriate off-site locations on a frequent basis, based on company needs
· Assist with administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing, and filing as needed
· Other duties as needed
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Customer service orientation and responsiveness, demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and employ time management to prioritize daily tasks
· Pro-active self-starter
· Organized with an eye for detail
· Resourceful and calm
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 2 years prior experience in a front desk/administrative role
· Experience with multi-line switchboard
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Knowledge and/or experience working in commercial construction and/or commercial real estate preferred
Working environment and physical activities:
100% of duties are performed in a temperature controlled, fluorescent-lit office environment. Approximately 20% of time is spent walking or standing and 80% of the time is spent sitting. About 85% of time is spent working with a computer and 20% of time is spent on the phone. Approximately 70% of the workday is spent working with internal employees. 30% of the workday is spent assisting guests and vendors. Others impose 50% of deadlines. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
To perform the job successfully, the Front Desk Associate must demonstrate the following:
· Integrity –Adheres to high ethical standards. Helps to maintain the company's reputation. Uses discretion in handling confidential information.
· Accountability –Takes responsibility for own mistakes and works to correct them. Is able to meet required deadlines.
· Adaptability –Adapts quickly to change. Copes with the pressure of time, responsibility and work load effectively.
· Execution – Delivers on commitments in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner to ensure results are achieved.
· Quality – Work is professional, accurate, complete and shows attention to detail. Work is done in a timely manner.
· Passion – Shows positive energy.
· Communications – Keeps manager and others informed of important work-related items.
· Teamwork – Maintains good working relationships with others at all levels within the organization.