Here Is Snapshot Of The Superintendent Role - Are YOU The Right Candidate?
We are looking for an experienced, confident, knowledgeable, get-it-done on-budget and on-time Superintendent to join our dynamic team. You will be joining a company that has been in business for over 30 years and proudly has completed a multitude of projects from a $45 million assisted living facilities, to retail including a ground-up 70,000 square foot premier retail space, to various medical office buildings, and mixed-use and industrial buildings. We have the fortitude and tenacity to get projects completed and continue to create repeat business through our expanding client relationships.
We are looking for a skilled Superintendent to join us and get ready to dig. We have an exciting multi-story hotel that we are constructing from the ground up. This 5 story, 72,000 sq foot facility, located in Estero, FL requires someone who has ‘been there and done that’ to join our team. We are looking for someone who has a demonstrated ability to deliver on promises, a work ethic to complement knowledge, and leadership that motivates the crew each day. We are investing in our future so our ideal candidate will have experience building multi-story, ground-up hospitality projects in Florida.
Does this sound like you? If so, read below for some additional information.
The Key Objectives:
- Enhance company perception through overall field leadership
- Responsible to ensure safety standards are maintained by the trade contractors
- Oversee on-site safety program for ECS – setting the expectations, auditing and recording information constantly for safety concerns, correcting, compliance, and communication
- Ensure safe and clean job sites are continually maintained
- Communicate with subcontractors and field staff to ensure adherence to schedules, plans, and specifications
- Ensure subcontractors adherence to schedules, plans, and specifications
- Monitor all jobsite document controls including daily reports, QA/QC checklists, punch lists, schedule updates, accident and incident reports, and field issues or changes, and any other site activity
- Effectively look for ways to improve the schedule
- Inspect completed and in-progress structures and sites for compliance and conformation to material and structural needs, driving the project to on time and on budget
- Host clients and owners, on the job site, and answer questions that arise in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Assist with developing best practices based on industry knowledge and company needs
Who Do You Work With:
This role is a collaborator with the field staff, Project Managers, and General Superintendent and is connected to the Director of Operations, VP of Construction, and support staff while ensuring the client needs are met.
Skills and Abilities:
- Safety First focus and mind-set
- Able to read, interpret, and pro-actively ask questions pertaining to construction documents and drawings
- Experience effectively leading, communicating, and supervising field team and sub-contractors
- Diplomatic with effective problem-solving skills
- Calm under pressure
- Customer service orientation with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, multi-tasker, and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent experience, preferred
- 10+ years of general contracting experience as a project superintendent
- Working knowledge of construction management software (Procore experience is a plus)
- Past experience leading construction on multi-story, ground-up hospitality projects
- OSHA 30 hour certified
Equity Construction SolutionsEquity Construction Solutions (ECS) is an independent construction company with a comprehensive list of clients. We have offices in Florida and Ohio and do work across the country. Our team of professionals bring significant experience to a variety of commercial construction project types including: hospitality, healthcare, retail, senior living, industrial, faith-based, and tenant improvement.
Fort Myers, FL