Manager, Operations and Procurement
- Expired: May 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Supermajority Education Fund
Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women who are already engaged and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is building womens power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We provide women with the tools, resources, and information they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Since our founding in April 2019, Supermajority Education Fund and our related 501(c)(4) organization, Supermajority, have reached more than a million women through in-person conversations and online outreach. In August 2019, over 75,000 people from all 50 states completed our Womens* Poll, which led to the creation of the Majority Rules, a set of values to help us build the country we deserve. In December 2019 we welcomed Pantsuit Nation, an online community of more than 3 million women and allies, into our organization.
In 2020, we ran the countrys largest woman-to-woman voter engagement program by offering strategic digital tools, training, and information to women and allies around the country. In 2021, we continued the work of engaging and mobilizing women across the country, in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and its disproportionate impact on women, specifically women of color.
Position Summary - Manager of Operations and Procurement
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a Manager of Operations and Procurement who will own the contracting function for the organization, and play a leading role in establishing, improving, and enforcing policies and processes within the operations department. This role has a wide range of responsibilities related to contracts administration, including creating systems for tracking goals and data, ensuring compliance with contract requirements, preparing reports, assisting with budget development, and additional administrative responsibilities. This position will manage one team member and reports to the Director of Budgets and Finance, Kristen Hetherington.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Vendor & Invoice Management
- Manage and serve as key point of contact for all vendor relationships, and contract and invoice processes, including but not limited to:
- Contract and vendor logistics management including legal compliance, vendor diversity and inclusion policy, and appropriate payment methods, being the contract/vendor information first responder for ALL departments
- Work with departmental leads to serve as check for: which legal entity has standing in a contract, if a contract is within budget, and any other flags that relate to executing a new contract (i.e. duplicative contracts, alternative vendors, previous vendors weve worked with)
- Manage vendor communication and follow up as needed
- Direct Operations Associate on vendor/contract activities and processes related to:
- Accounts payable: submission of payments to vendors
- Contracts and invoice regular tracking
- Supporting vendor communication and follow up
General Organization Operations
- Own drafting, distribution, and enforcement of all organization Operations policies including: contracts process, invoice process, and expense submission process.
- Own expense report process, with support from Operations Associate. This includes reviewing and approving all expense reports, making sure all reports are submitted in a timely manner, and serving as the organizations point of contact on expense reports.
- Own first-round approval of all travel requests and expense reports, escalating to Operations Director and COO when necessary/ expenses are out of policy.
- Collaborate with staff to troubleshoot operations issues related to: credit cards, expense reimbursement, and other operational issues.
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Highly Organized and Detail Oriented: Track record of effectively being able to multitask while sweating the details; able to manage the execution of several contracts at a time, keeping track of the status of each item while overseeing an associate who ensures invoices against those contracts are coded correctly.
- Experience with contracts execution and management in nonprofit entities: Experience with vendor setup, terms negotiation, and liaising with legal and program departments.; Ability to differentiate between 501c3 and 501c4 qualifying activities.
- Strong collaboration, communication and relationship skills: Proven track record of building strong relationships across teams. You love working on teams, and you put it on yourself to help the team succeed. Efficiency and comfort with Slack, Zoom and Google Suite, and responsiveness and accountability via email and other online communication tools.
- Flexible: You can manage a diverse set of team needs and aren't afraid to step outside your job description or comfort zone to help the team reach its goals. You're comfortable with shifting schedules and don't expect every day to go "as planned.
- High Integrity: you are known for your integrity; You always choose to make the right decision versus the easy decision. You know what information is sensitive, and you will protect it accordingly.
- Commitment to a racial equity: Consistently integrate a deep understanding of key racial equity concept into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
The strongest candidates will also have some of the following skills and experience:
- Supervisory experience:: The position will oversee an Operations Associate who will be tasked with invoicing and other ad hoc operations tasks.
- Lateral collaboration and management experience: The position will work with all departments, fielding questions and assisting with problems that arise in a variety of operational areas.
- Salary for this position is between $75,000 and $85,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- Supermajority Education Fund, a fiscally sponsored project of the New Venture Fund, provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% automatic employer contribution and a 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
- We are location agnostic when it comes to this hire and we currently have team members all over the United States.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, by May 30, 2022 via the form to the right. Candidates may be asked to complete a written assessment as part of the interview process. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
If you have any questions about the opportunity, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Venture Fund Careers Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at email@example.com.
Powered by JazzHR
Equitable Hiring Group
BusinessView all jobs at Equitable Hiring Group