Equiscript, LLC New Orleans, LA
- Expired: June 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Information Systems Manager, PMO is responsible for managing a portfolio of internal and client-facing technology programs and projects that enable the company strategy. This person will manage a streamlined Portfolio Management Methodology to deliver reliable, repeatable, scalable solutions to the business. They will be responsible for the definition and maintenance of the standards of project management and process. Support the successful delivery of programs undertaken by Equiscript through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting. Lead managers and teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches and act as the first point of contact for any program management needs within Equiscript. This position requires interacting with other people and the ability to train and encourage them in the use of new ways to do their work. We are only looking for flexible individuals who are excited to fit in with our positive company culture and are excited about the challenges of working with a young, rapidly growing company.
- Manages day-to-day activities in the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals, requirements, and ROI.
- Facilitates project planning and execution, ensuring that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Oversees the work of project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
- Partners with engineering teams to drive timely delivery of programs and project portfolio.
- Prepares project requirement specs for use by developers. Provides technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, for all product development.
- Implements and provides guidance related to PMO processes and policies; monitors and modifies processes for continuous improvement.
- Continually evaluates whether each project is meeting the applicable standards and engages in problem-solving with other managers and personnel.
- Ensures the accurate completion of all documents created through the project life cycle. This may involve reviewing and aiding in the writing of documents relating to a project’s scope, budget resources, and justification.
- Provides visibility to leadership on all projects in flight as well as in the queue.
- Spends time with employees and partners/vendors with a keen eye towards their efficient use of Equiscript’s processes and systems, with emphasis on its SalesForce.com instance.
- Provides training on company systems.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence the organization
- Conscientious and willing to take ownership for PMO results
- Detail-minded, problem solver, with excellent critical thinking ability
- Flexible, adaptable personality, open to change
- Strong written and verbal communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Professional demeanor
- Solid and practical understanding of technology, web-based applications, and relational databases
- Strong digital skills (MS Office, MS Access, SQL, Google Apps, Visio, Salesforce.com, and Atlassian experience strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics or related field
- Solid and practical understanding of technology, web applications, data analytics
- Familiar with one or more development methodologies (SDLC, Agile framework or method such as Scrum, Kanban)
- Five or more years in Project or Product Management in a technology domain. PMP preferred.
- Experience with project planning tools are required
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, occasional stooping, and reaching; May require lifting up to 25 pounds; requires a normal range of vision and hearing with or without accommodations.
- Cleared Background Check Required
- Main office based in North Charleston, SC but open to remote hires in; FL, TX, GA, NC, PA, MA, AZ, UT, WA, NV, TN, LA, OH
- Benefits include health plan, dental, vision, paid time off
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at Equiscript, LLC