Heavy Equipment CDL Driver
- Posted: March 21, 2023
EquipmentShare is searching for a Heavy Equipment CDL Driver for our rental facility in Baltimore, MD to support our team as it continues to grow.
EquipmentShare is seeking a Heavy Equipment CDL Driver to be responsible for safely and efficiently delivering equipment, products, and materials to customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Operates vehicle according to applicable state and federal transportation laws.
- Transports loads safely and in a timely manner over required route, obeying all traffic laws and observing all safety regulations.
- Deftly maneuvers truck and trailer into loading and unloading areas; follows loading crew signals.
- Assists with loading of or loads and unloads goods and materials, using specialized equipment when warranted; unloads empty skids and returns all equipment to designated area.
- Maintains signed invoices, shipping bills of lading, and other required paperwork; delivers documentation to shipping office or other appropriate staff when delivery route is complete.
- Facilitates routine service on trucks, which may include checking oil, water, gasoline, and air; reports maintenance malfunctions to Shipping Supervisor.
- Arranges trailers in shipping yards for optimum loading patterns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for full-time employees.
- 401(k) and company match.
- Annual tool and boot reimbursements for those in applicable jobs.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus company paid holidays.
- Monthly family dinner nights
- Fitness Membership stipends plus seasonal and year round wellness challenges.
- Company sponsored events (annual family gatherings, food truck nights and more).
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home. Employees receive 16 hours of paid volunteer time per year.
- Opportunities for career and professional development
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that's long been resistant to change.
We are looking for someone with availability to work Monday-Friday 8am-5pm or Monday-Friday 7am-4pm (and Saturdays only in special circumstances).
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to speak professionally and courteously with customers and staff at delivery points.
- Ability to remain focused in a busy environment.
Education and Experience:
- Must hold either a commercial drivers license or chauffeur's license depending on state, appropriate for weight of vehicle to be operated.
- Must pass background and drug testing as required by federal and/or state department(s) of transportation regulations
- Must pass DOT physical, as truck's driven are over 10k lbs.
- Prolonged periods sitting in a trailer cab for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to travel frequently.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at EquipmentShare
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?