Equipment Depot is hiring and looking for experienced mechanics. We are looking for a field tech in the Mansfield, PA area. Service van, gas card, full benefits, PTO, incentive programs, sign on bonus available and competitive pay!
Repairs and maintains electric, diesel, and gasoline industrial trucks and/or construction equipment by performing the following duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
● Reads work order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction/diagnose the problem(s)
● Offers solutions to meet customer specifications; provide estimates when appropriate.
● Makes mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown has been completed.
● Records complete repair description on work order, including the correct model and the serial number of equipment and record hour meter reading.
● Obtains signature from a customer and communicates with customers on repair needs, or work that was completed.
● Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments.
● Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
● Represents Equipment Depot to customers. Maintains the professional image of self and cleanliness (externally and internally) of the van at all times.
● Tracks and schedules with operations, or service manager when service van is due for routine maintenance or has other service-related issues.
● Works in a manner that protects customers, Equipment Depot, and the public.
● Returns paperwork to field service coordinator daily. Includes work orders, fuel receipts, sublet invoices, etc.
● Submits time cards by 9:00 a.m. daily. If the technician is dispatched to a job from home, time must be called in and given to the service administrator over the telephone by 9:00 a.m. daily.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
One to Three months related experience and/or training – and/or combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of internet software.
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Math: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Why Work Here?Equipment Depot is America’s #1 independently-operated material handling and rental source with over 40 locations nationwide. Its team of dependable, helpful, driven, and accountable people are dedicated to providing the best service possible for equipment sales, rentals, service and parts, as well as integrated warehouse solutions. The company’s commitment to service is backed by its one-of-a-kind Performance. Guaranteed. promise.
America's #1 independently-operated material handling and rental equipment powerhouse company is hiring!