Field Service Technician-Forklift Mechanic
Equipment Depot Laredo, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
NOW HIRING FORKLIFT MECHANICS! MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TOOLS! Apply today! https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=15493&clientkey=B38E004F17E260CC9A2761B7F6E6221F
POSITION SUMMARY: Repairs and maintains electric, diesel, and gasoline industrial trucks and/or construction equipment by performing the following duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Reads work order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction/diagnose problem(s)
- Offers solutions to meet customer specifications ; provides estimates when appropriate.
- Makes mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown has been completed.
- Records complete repair description on work order, including correct model and serial number of equipment and record hour meter reading.
- Obtains signature from customer and communicates with customer on repair needs, or work that was completed.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Represents Equipment Depot to customers. Maintains professional image of self and cleanliness (externally and internally) of van at all times.
- Tracks and schedules with operations, or service manager when service van is due for routine maintenance or has other service-related issues.
- Works in a manner that protects customers, Equipment Depot, and the public.
- Returns paperwork to field service coordinator daily. Includes work orders, fuel receipts, sublet invoices, etc.
- Submits time cards by 9:00 a.m. daily. If technician is dispatched to a job from home, time must be called in and given to service administrator over the telephone by 9:00 a.m. daily.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One to Three months related experience and/or training – and/or combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of internet software.
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things
Equipment DepotWhy Work Here?
America's #1 independently-operated material handling and rental equipment powerhouse company is hiring!
Equipment Depot is America’s #1 independently-operated material handling and rental source with over 40 locations nationwide. Its team of dependable, helpful, driven, and accountable people are dedicated to providing the best service possible for equipment sales, rentals, service and parts, as well as integrated warehouse solutions. The company’s commitment to service is backed by its one-of-a-kind Performance. Guaranteed. promise.