Cycle Pro, Connecticut & Westchester
- $50 to $80 Hourly
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox's locations in Connecticut & Westchester are seeking Cycling Instructors. We have 3 lanes of cycling at Equinox: Road, Competition, and Beats, to meet the needs of our diverse member base and satisfy the variety of styles of cycling instructors. At Equinox, we conduct a 7-week paid mentorship program, Equinox Cycle Pro, that prepares instructors for success in the lane that suits them best. In some instances, it is possible to bypass the mentorship program and begin teaching immediately. The Equinox Cycle Pro Program entails the following responsibilities:
- Complete the 7-week paid mentorship cycling program: Equinox Cycle Pro
- Attend a once a week 2-hour session to demo portions of class and receive feedback
- Complete a total of 2 hours of online training that consists of video tutorials
- Perform a final audition
After completion of the Equinox Cycle Pro Program, there is a final audition for the position of cycling instructor. That position entails the following responsibilities:
- Deliver the Equinox Experience to our members in each class;
- Adhere to the description of the class and modify the intensity for participants when necessary;
- Continuously monitor the exercise intensity throughout the duration of the class;
- Ensure class begins and ends on time;
- Assist Members with technical/mechanical support on the bike to maximize their experience
- Teach respective classes on a regular basis and keep subbing to a minimum;
- Communicate with Group Fitness Manager on member feedback, equipment and operational status, scheduling, and subbing;
The successful candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Must possess a current cycling certification; This certification is not required to audition for The Equinox Cycle Pro Program, but must be completed prior to teaching (Schwinn or Stages indoor cycling certifications are highly recommended)
- Must possess and maintain current CPR/AED certification;
- Must be well-versed in basic anatomy, kinesiology, contraindicated exercises, exercise modifications for all populations and ACSM Guidelines for frequency, intensity, duration, and mode;
- Must be eager to learn and continue professional development and education;
- Must be friendly, vibrant, and outgoing;
Pay Transparency: $50.00-$80.00 per Class; $15.00/hr (For non-class work)
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.