What’s the Job all About?
The Account Manager is a key player in our organization, responsible for the growth, cultivation, and overall maintenance of client accounts. This role is critical to the success of the organization and our clients as he/she is responsible for providing guidance, strategy, and tactics that help move our client organizations forward! The Account Manager serves as the internal advocate for clients and works closely with the team to ensure requirements for client projects are clearly understood, documented, and executed. In addition to being a seasoned sales-minded guru, the Account Manager will also be responsible for attending national conferences and staying up to speed on current industry trends.
Who is RedFlash?
We exist to help our amazing clients in public safety and healthcare tell their stories. We do that through all kinds of strategic consulting: marketing, outreach, communications, and PR are among many of our tools. Every day, we partner with our client organizations to make communities safer and healthier. How cool is that? Well, it’s pretty amazing! We do important work in areas like improving outcomes from sudden cardiac arrest, improving our nation’s emergency communications and 911 systems, and helping bring innovation and technological advances to public safety. We have worked with many national organizations like AT&T, Medtronic, and the PulsePoint Foundation, as well as with important initiatives via the federal government.
Is This Job for Me?
You roll out the red carpet for clients and provide unparalleled customer service. You are always fighting the status quo and a big win for the company always translates to a big win for you! You are a stellar communicator; you know how to talk to people, build relationships, and gain trust. Join our team and make an impact!
What Are the Details?
· Bachelor’s degree
· 4-6 years account management and sales
· Proficient in MS Office applications
· Background in Marketing or Communications
· Experience in or knowledge of public safety (911, fire, law enforcement, EMS)
What Will Make You Successful?
· Highly skilled at relationship-building and influencing others
· Excellent customer-oriented attitude
· Ability to support efforts to meet customer expectations, develop rapport and maintain strong working relationships
· High energy, drive for excellence
· Self-driven, internally motivated and growth mindset
· Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
· Must be resilient and have ability to adapt to a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
· Strong attention to detail and follow-through
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Health Insurance subsidy: Employees are eligible for a $250 subsidy toward a health care plan offered through Anthem Blue Cross. Employees are eligible for this benefit the first of the month following 60 days of employment.