This job might be for you if:
You are committed to equity. You steadfastly believe that all students – particularly students of color and low-income students – should have opportunities to access and succeed in the most academically rigorous high school programs. You understand that working for equity is a continual journey and you are motivated by a passion for that journey.
You enjoy working collaboratively with others. You recognize that working with a diverse team of individuals with varying roles and skills can be challenging, but you enjoy this challenge. You work to find creative solutions to best fit a wide range of contexts, needs, uses, and timelines.
You love to learn and grow. You are always looking to improve and to develop new skills, and welcome constructive feedback that helps you get there. You’re excited to learn from other perspectives that will inform your thinking and to contribute to others’ learning.
You are comfortable working in a dynamic, growing organization. Equal Opportunity Schools has experienced incredible growth and success in our 10+ years of existence, but we don’t have it all figured out. You’re excited to take on the challenges that come with a relatively young organization, evolving internal systems and structures, and long-term visions that are still works in progress.
Job Title: Customer Support Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Program & Data Services
Salary: $16.50 - $21.50 hourly (Commensurate with experience)
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Retirement (403(b)), PTO, phone stipend
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full-Time
The Customer Support Specialist plays a vital role at Equal Opportunity Schools (EOS), providing technical support to internal and external clients to ensure they are able to navigate our online platforms. The ideal candidate will take ownership over client satisfaction and have fun with the role.
We recognize you may need to grow into this role but EOS believes in the value of learning. As an organization, we recognize that education is a life-long pursuit and that people do grow into and out of positions. We support this ethic by providing the assistance and training necessary to facilitate personal and professional growth. This role has a social justice aspect that necessitates critical thinking through the lens of racism and intersections with poverty. Our core values circle around knowing the principals of antiracism and grounding those principles in everyday work. If you do have some but not all the qualifications below and are interested in the position, we very much encourage you to apply.
We are looking for someone that:
- Works collaboratively with others•Is committed to social justice, equity, and inclusion
- Communicates effectively through oral and written means
- Can troubleshoot situations accurately, quickly, and efficiently for customers on the phone
- Thinks critically and has high attention to details
- Is comfortable tracking a large number of client interactions and needs
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and exhibits strong time management skills
- Enjoys working with customers
- Feels comfortable working with Excel and Microsoft Office
- Has some experience or interest in learning to use Qualtrics and Smartsheet
- Is passionate about serving students and has an interest in improving access to and experiences in our education system
- Has a commitment to continue to widen and apply their equity lens in this work and continue to search for understanding of racial, gender and class equity
Interested applicants should submit a resume, and a cover letter highlighting relevant skills, and how EOS’s work, social justice, and equity connects with their professional goals.