Project Assistant (short term position)
Project Assistant (short-term position)
Equal Access International (EAI) - a non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Washington, D.C. - partners with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, and individual donors, EAI has a 20-year track record implementing social change projects around the world and currently operates through 12 country programs across Asia and East and West Africa.
This is a temporary three-month position based in Washington, D.C., with the possibility of a three-month extension based on performance, and/or business needs. This position is typically full-time (40 hours a week). Project assistants provide program management backstopping to EAI's programs team. This includes administrative, financial, technical, and research support based on projects' needs. Projects assistants are responsible for travel logistics, drafting reports and program-related content, reviewing financial reports, and preparing contracts. This role offers the opportunity to develop program management skills, and learn about regions and technical areas.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager or Senior Program Officer, the Project Assistant will support the Resilience for Peace project, implemented in Côte d'Ivoire.
- Work closely with Senior Program Officer and Program Assistant to support timely and quality implementation of projects.
- Write regular program updates and communication pieces for both internal and external audiences.
- Support contract-related procurement, subcontracting, expenditure, and budget monitoring, long-term and short-term personnel, travel, and report and success story drafting.
- Performs other project and contract administration duties as required.
- Reviews financial reports and identify potential issues (missing documents, etc.).
Technical & Business Development
- Serves in a supporting role for proposals such as drafting short sections and budget notes.
- Provides support to research efforts, by copy editing/formatting documents, conducting background research, etc.
- Contribute to ensure compliance with EAI policies, and processes, and USG rules and regulations to help monitor project and backstopping compliance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change based on organization needs.
This position has no direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably related to International Relations, Development, Political Science, or Communications.
- 0-1 year of relevant experience (including internships)
- Demonstrated interest in West Africa and/or Sub-Saharan Africa
Working proficiency in French required, fluency preferred. Languages spoken in northern Côte d'Ivoire a plus.
Equal Access InternationalWashington, DC
Get fresh Project Assistant (short term position) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.