Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Engineering)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This individual has expert technical and analytical skills in enterprise systems architecture and cloud native software, will be responsible for working with senior business and technical staff across all units in the company to formulate, maintain and communicate a cohesive systems architecture strategy. The candidate should have previous cloud architecture experience, a demonstrated track record of a production cloud infrastructure implementations. Current knowledge of the ongoing developments in cloud architecture and cloud management areas is also of importance for the successful candidate. Role includes the ability to provide operational guidance for infrastructure design, capacity planning, functionality testing, and load testing of cloud environments as well as writing and enhancing scripts cloud automation and provisioning scripts. The candidate should possess good knowledge of AWS with experience to include detailed level application deployment in the public cloud.
- Configure and fine tune cloud infrastructure systems
- Implement Terraform templates and private modules
- Work closely with cloud architects and application teams to develop, plan and implement application deployments to public clouds
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation scripting and working with API's
- Support cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- Develops descriptions of systems and business functional boundaries
- Develops and maintains the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interfaces
- Reviews and approves technical designs for conformance to standards and architectural requirements
- Provides consultation and assists project teams in formulating solutions
- Proactively learns about and evaluates emerging technologies (reviewing technical journals, team sharing, mentors, vendors, peer groups, special training)
- Develops, monitors, and enforces technical standards
- Understands and leverages best practices of Information Technology
- Establish technical specifications that facilitate easy, accurate coding or scripting/configuration
- Executes risk assessment utilizing established methodologies
- Develops relevant, repeatable criteria for assessing future risks and problems
- Develops appropriate metrics to measure total system performance
- Applies an understanding of the key vulnerabilities related to data transfer between internal/external systems to maximize data security and integrity
- Solid understanding and application of web services, SOAs, data base performance and networking
- Solid understanding of Windows Operating Systems and/or Unix/Linux operating systems
- Solid design and build experience of reference implementations of components and interfaces with new technologies
- Solid experience in designing for critical areas of security, performance, capacity and maintainability
- Excellent design experience, including use of industry design patterns and best practices
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of cloud native software development
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of server/application deployment techniques, methodologies, and tools
- 2+ Years of Cloud native software development experience and cloud automation using Terraform.
- AWS Certification strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience deploying and operating Windows/Linux/Unix variants in a datacenter environment.
- Experience with Performance Tuning, optimization, and advanced troubleshooting of system.
- Strong PowerShell and/or *Unix Shell scripting
- Deep Technical knowledge of infrastructure services systems management and monitoring tools.
- Must have excellent architecture, design, operations support & troubleshooting skills (focus on systems integration and on the construction of messaging & middleware tools and frameworks to assist with systems, applications and data integration)
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS Computer Science) is required. Equivalent experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Culture: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/our-culture-epsilon
- DE&I: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- CSR: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility
- Life at Epsilon: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/epic-blog
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
TechnologyView all jobs at Epsilon