Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,500 employees in over 40 offices around the world.
For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.Job Description
Love cutting-edge tech? We do too.
At Epsilon, we do more than collect and store data. We help some of the world’s biggest brands discover real opportunities inside the data types, delimiters and decimals. For this opening, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Data Solutions Engineer with extensive experience in the big data ecosystem.
The Epsilon DMS Data Organization builds and maintains MPP and HDFS platforms to capture all data generated from the Ad Stack and external sources to support all aspects of the business. The individual stepping into this position should have strong SQL coding skills and have previously worked with Python Code, since they will operate in a MPP environment where we ingest large datasets via complex SQL, perform tuning of data processing routines developed throughout the enterprise including user support, and build automated production processing routines that fit into our existing scheduled infrastructure.
At Epsilon you play an important role and our platform is ever evolving, but currently is a combination of Kafka, Flume, Spark, Scala, Java, Python, NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra and ScyllaDB), MPP RDBMS, Postgres, Hadoop, AWS, AirFlow, Docker, Kubernetes and Elastic. On this team you will be a key contributor in delivering critical business features, a perfect role for those with a passion for big data technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Fluent SQL with ability to ingest complex use cases, refactor and ask questions
- Build and maintain scheduled tasks with Airflow and Python
- Continuous improvement of our system and codebase
- Influence our technical decisions
- Keep yourself informed and up-to-date with technologies
- Interface with our Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Media teams to enable data-oriented solutions
- Build data expertise on subject matter and be able to speak to data warehouse constructs and data architecture.
- Owns a problem to the end
- Proud to share in team’s success
- Able to do your best work in a team setting and autonomously
- Wants to grow a career with a great company.
What you’ll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 6 years or more of professional experience on a development team manipulating data or other relevant experience in technology development.
- Ability to understand complex SQL and Python code is critical.
- Ability to develop and test code and ingest use case specifications with little supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues and solve for performance bottlenecks
- Ability to analyze data and identify business possibilities for better operational processes and business opportunities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- You enjoy working with numerous programming languages, relational databases, and distributed systems.
- Internet/Digital Advertising ecosystem knowledge is a plus
- Experience building datasets that support corporate Business Intelligence efforts is a plus
- Hadoop and Spark are a plus.
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Culture: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/our-culture-epsilon
- DE&I: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- CSR: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility
- Life at Epsilon: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/epic-blog
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
TechnologyView all jobs at Epsilon
Get fresh Director Digital Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.