Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Epix Healthcare is a national provider of anesthesia, Hospitalists and staffing services to Community Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers and office based facilities nationwide. Our services include practice management, billing, consulting and staffing services to healthcare facilities.
The CRNA/AA provides anesthetic care for all types of patients and procedures in cooperation with the supervising or medically directing physician and under the standards of the Department of Anesthesiology and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. The CRNA/AA administers anesthesia to patients rendering them insensitive to pain during surgery/procedures, provides continuous vigilant observation of patients by monitoring the patient's physical reaction to sedatives, analgesics, and anesthetic agents and informs the anesthesiologist of any adverse condition that potentially threatens the safety or care of the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Provides healthcare services consistent with state law and the requirements of the professional licensing or certification authority and/or hospital privileges, where applicable. Such services may include, but are not limited to:
- Patient safety shall be of utmost importance.
- CRNAs shall maintain excellence in airway management and shall be familiar in the usage of all airway adjuncts.
- CRNAs shall work within their scope of delineated clinical privileges.
- Take appropriate precautions to minimize risks of infection of patients, and other health care professionals.
- Shall maintain the appropriate confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Participate in the pre-anesthetic evaluation of the patients and the selection of anesthetic agents and techniques.
- Perform appropriate techniques of the anesthetic plan such as, but not limited to, insertion of intravenous catheters, insertion of invasive monitoring catheters according to established protocol; endotracheal intubation and extubation; performing arterial punctures for interpretation of arterial blood gases.
- Monitor the patient's physical response to the anesthetic and informs the anesthesiologist of any adverse condition. Manage the anesthesia process to include induction, maintenance, and emergence of general, regional, and monitored anesthesia cases.
- Recognize abnormal patient responses to anesthesia or to any adjunctive medication or form of therapy. Initiate corrective measures.
- Determine the need for additional laboratory tests and provide resuscitative care as necessary.
- Evaluate and manage the patient in the immediate post-operative period.
- Administer IV fluids relative to the patient's medical history and surgical procedure. Administer blood products as clinically indicated and in consultation with the supervising physician.
- Appropriately document the patient status in the anesthesia record.
- Perform all required safety and performance checks on anesthesia-related equipment and verify the appropriate supplies before initiating care. Procure and assemble equipment and supplies as indicated if anesthesia tech is not available.
- In accordance with departmental and regulatory compliance standards, CRNA will review appropriate documentation for informed consent. Participate in surgical pause (Time Out) in the OR with entire surgical team in accordance with departmental and regulatory compliance standards.
- Communicate appropriately with all individuals involved in the peri-operative and post-operative care of the patient.
- In a life-threatening emergency, function responsibly by providing anesthesia care in the absence of an anesthesiologist or supervising physician.
- Assist with the teaching and evaluation of newly-hired CRNAs, GRNAs, SRNAs, and medical students in the clinical area.
- Assume responsibility and is accountable for controlled substances according to department and hospital policy and State and federal guidelines.
- Maintain all required continuing education credits, credentialing, professional licensure, insurance payer enrollment and completion of all required employer training on time.
- Promotes teamwork, maintaining effective working relationships with employees, physicians, administrators and other departments.
- Graduation from an approved and accredited school of Nurse Anesthesia or Anesthesiology Assistant program.
- Be certified by an approved accrediting body.
- Receive and maintain current RN licensure issued by the State Board of Nursing in the state currently practicing in.
- Receive and maintain current CRNA/AA licensure by the State Board of Nursing in the state currently practicing in.
- Proficient in computer technology utilized in the performance of duties.• Proficient in utilizing anesthesia equipment, monitoring systems, anesthetic and pain control drugs, and related supplies.
- Holds and maintains BLS and ACLS.
- Effective communication skills in speaking and writing the English language
Epix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an EOE, Epix does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national orgin, disability or handicap, veteran or any other protected status.