Job Title: Licensed Nurse Practitioner - Home Health Assessments
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Clinical Services
Reports to: Director, Clinical Operations
Job ID: 333336
Episource, with over 3,000 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. In addition to our Prospective in-home health assessments performed by the team of Episource Providers our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
The part-time / seasonal Episource Provider is a regional position to perform in-home health risk assessment (HRA) visits. The part-time / seasonal Episource Provider will report directly to the regional Supervisor and/or Manager of Clinical Services and by performing HRA visits will improve project outcomes, member satisfaction and quality of the in-home HRA visits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform in-home health risk assessment (HRA) visits in the member’s home environment. HRA visits may also be performed in a clinic or office setting or at Health Fairs as needed.
- The part-time / seasonal Episource Provider is expected to give availability to the scheduling team for a minimum of 10 HRA visits per week.
- Availability for HRA visits must be provided to the Scheduling team monthly and within 7 days of request.
- Perform a comprehensive HRA visit which includes a thorough medical history, review of systems, physical exam, screenings and diagnostic tests.
- Identify and evaluate the disease processes and environmental risks of patients.
- Provide education to patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Make case management referrals as appropriate to improve the patient’s quality of life and medical care.
- Complete and submit all HRA visit documentation on the Episource iPad within a specific timeframe. Adhering to the documentation submission timeframe is a requisite of the job.
- Demonstrate accountability for their own professional practice by participating in educational programs that increase clinical knowledge base and skill set.
- Respond clearly and in a timely fashion to all communications within the Episource network.
- Requires an individual to maintain the ability to work in an environment with PHI / PII data.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) degree, Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN), or higher (DNP or PHD in Nursing)
- 1 or more years of experience in patient care or clinical work
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task / work independently and be self-motivated to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Proficient in the use of an Apple iPad
- Strong professional level of knowledge including clinical assessment skills in the adult population and chronic disease management.
- Reliable transportation is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work will be done primarily in the field / in members’ homes.
- Work in a clinic or office environment to meet a client’s needs may be required.
Training /Certification Requirements:
- Current Licensure free of disciplinary actions
- AANP or AANC Certification
- CRNP License
- Approved Specialties: FNP, ACNP, ANP, AGNP (not all-inclusive)
- Company compliance program modules
- Company safety regulations
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
SIMPLE, QUALITY, AND COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS TAILORED TO THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS.
Episource is driven to collect data that's insightful and accurate. With innovative technology and a global services model, we offer intuitive analytics to impact meaningful growth. From robust Risk Adjustment Analytics, Retrospective Chart Reviews, Quality Reporting, Encounter Data Submissions, and Clinical Services, Episource starts with the smallest of details and translates them to create better patient insights around disease profiles and care gaps. We know that behind each chart and every code is a real person. Humanity is our binding element, and we have your members in mind.
Our vision is to provide health information exchange solutions that allow healthcare organizations to safely and efficiently manage member-centric data, quality of care initiatives, member intervention and management programs, risk adjustment programs in Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, and Exchanges. Episource emphasizes driving value, operational excellence, respect, and integrity in all aspects of our operational and professional conduct, while striving to reflect the highest ethical standards in our relationships with members, providers, and our clients.
Embracing a hybrid model that caters to the requirements of the global market, Episource concentrates application and functional expertise located both onshore and offshore, where we leverage best practices and economies of scale. Our highly-skilled workforce is trained in a consistent client delivery approach that emphasizes value, and enables clients to focus more on their core competencies.