- Posted: over a month ago
Episcopal Homes of Minnesota is a leader in senior care services for 125 years. We offer homes and services for people in Senior Apartments, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Care centers in the Midway area of St. Paul. We complement our homes with a home care service, foundation, a management company and a robust campus life program that provides a fitness center, pool, theater, 1st class dining room, pub and special events.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the general maintenance of the assigned building(s) on the Episcopal Homes of MN campus in St. Paul. This is a great opportunity to work with a mission driven organization. The general maintenance role at Episcopal Homes engages in all aspects of general maintenance. The successful candidate will have experience and a general understanding of carpentry, electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical repairs, painting, flooring, patching, general hardware, other minor building repairs and cleanliness. This position reports to the maintenance supervisor and as part of the team makes recommendations, performs repairs, implements preventive maintenance measures, maintains a safe work place and follows company procedures and guidelines. An ability to work with computers for communication, organization and record keeping is required. This position works closely with other staff, customers and in public areas, as result excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the buildings/communities.
- Works with Maintenance Supervisor to assess repair needs and estimating the time needed for repair (including assisting with evaluating problems to determine whether or not professional assistance or further instruction is needed in order to complete task/repair).
- As part of the team, assists with monitoring the functions of service contractors and building repair and maintenance contractors.
- Assists with maintaining inventories and acquisitions of maintenance supplies.
- Assists with assuring completion of Preventative Maintenance plans and procedures.
- Completes assigned work orders of repairs in a timely manner. Closes work order ticket in software.
- On call availability for emergencies and projects as assigned by property manager.
- Scheduled to work 1 weekend every six to eight weeks. (Other days off as compensation)
- Requests materials, tools, and supplies needed for a job.
- Records completion of preventive maintenance activities and programs.
- Assists or participates in construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Maintains current knowledge in the field of maintenance repairs and replacements through industry sponsored educational seminars.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nursing Home regulations and requirements.
- HVAC and/or other related trade licenses/ certifications may be required.
- Boiler's License: Specialist level or better.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time (40 hours/week, 8 hours per day, scheduled days may vary
Must possess strong maintenance and repair skills in HVAC, cooling towers, chillers, painting, carpentry, plumbing and electricity. Requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work.
Computer literacy: Proficiency & working knowledge of Microsoft offices applications. Word, Excel spreadsheets, and e-mail. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Minimum Qualifications/Special Requirements/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. following appropriate safety procedures
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 14 ft on A-frames and
30 ft on extension ladders)
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment up to 75 lbs. occasionally to complete assigned job tasks
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word
- Maintain a valid Minnesota driver's license.
- Experience working in Long-term Care Residence or equivalent setting preferred.
Episcopal Homes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, national origin, age disability or protected Veteran status. Episcopal Homes will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Episcopal Homes of Minnesota
AddressSaint Paul, MN
Real EstateView all jobs at Episcopal Homes of Minnesota