Director, Marketing and Communications
The MarCom Director develops strategy, leads planning and both participates in and direct implementation of Marketing Communications for Episcopal Homes to strengthen reputation in its key markets and drive results in support of its continuum of care, services and philanthropy. The MarCom Director reports to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) as part of an external relations team integrating Foundation, Volunteer and Marketing functions. The Director provides operational leadership for the MarCom Team, plan, budget and performance.
- Teams with the CAO in leading Marketing Communications for all EH units, like independent apartments, long term care, transitional care, memory care, assisted living, home care, Foundation, programs and other units.
- Works with EH's departments, facilities and service lines to discern annual marketing communications needs, goals and key messages as part of developing Episcopal Homes' annual MarCom Plan. Clearly communicates and guides implementation of this plan among MarCom Team and business units.
- Leads development, implementation and evaluation of strategic marketing, advertising and communication projects and tactics to achieve goals.
- Articulates strategy, executes high level strategies, and guides teams in implementing collateral, publications, newsletters, annual reports, direct mail, brochures, posters, advertising, promotional products, signage, photography, videos, online content to promote EH programs & services.
- Leads development of brand standards, positioning and stewardship, ensuring consistent articulation of EH's desired image and position to all constituencies and across channels and activities.
- Oversees the Marketing Specialist in implementing internal communications, graphic design, web development and social media in fulfilling MarCom plans.
- Manages vendors, such as digital marketing, brand development and copy writers, to support development of plans for emergent business and fulfillment of MarCom strategies, as needed.
- Serves as the chief copy writer and reviews materials and collateral prepared by team members and vendors for style, accuracy and effectiveness to ensure cohesive, consumer-centered, up-to-date content & professional execution.
- Manage media relations, print schedule, placement/overall exposure, and writes press releases for newsworthy events.
- Actively stewards relationships with key audiences, including staff, volunteer, family, resident, community and faith community audiences.
- Develops processes to continually mine the organization for stories and sources to fulfill communication objectives. Assigns interviews and writing to produce stories and writes pieces as needed.
- Ensure compliance with copyright & trademark laws and regulations.
Physical Demands: Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Desk setting, with walking, standing and activity when present for campus events requiring photography or filming.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Salaried, benefit eligible position full time position.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business, or related field. A minimum of seven years of work experience with demonstrated expertise and experience defining strategic marketing priorities, creating an organization's annual marketing communications and promotional plan and executing plans. Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as integration of written and visual pieces for strong materials development. Prefer creative and web development expertise, though the position oversees junior staff with this expertise. Strong project management skills with staff and vendor oversight experience. Planning and budget management experience. Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work well with all organization levels in a team-oriented and collaborative environment. Ability to embody and promote EH values, ethics and mission. Proactive problem-solving and strong analytic ability. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated in marketing collateral produced. Solid consultative skills and customer focus. Current with various business and marketing technologies.
Preferred Qualifications: Marketing experience within a health or senior industry setting.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Episcopal Homes of Minnesota