Development Assistant, Donor Relations
- Posted: over a month ago
- $44,500 to $50,000 Yearly
The Development/Advancement Assistant for Donor Relations will gain exposure to Advancement/Development/ Fundraising careers by contributing administrative and client service skills to the operations of the Advancement department at the direction of department staff.
- Facilitate and support the smooth operation of the six Advancement Sub-committees through the handling of inquiries, meeting notifications, preparation of reports and minutes, and other related duties.
- Support donor relations by assisting with prospect research, preparing mailings, pulling reports from Raiser’s Edge, coordinating donations of items (“gifts-in-kind”), and welcoming and orienting volunteers, all as requested.
- Associates Degree with strong written communication skills required (Bachelor’s degree suggested).
- Two years of administrative work experience.
- Experience working and/or volunteering in human services field is preferred.
- Cultural competence is critical for ECS’ work with under-resourced communities.
- Excellent information technology skills - Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, collaboration software, database applications, and the ability to create reports as needed.
- Demonstrated advanced administrative skills including: excellent communication skills; organizational and interpersonal skills; time management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Typing speed of at least 40 words per minute with accuracy.
- Experience with utilizing CRM software preferred (Raiser’s Edge ideally).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and attend to details.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team.
- Confidence to work across agency departments including Programs, Advocacy, Finance, and Learning and Evaluation to achieve Advancement’s goals.
- Willingness to work occasional events on evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Chief Advancement Officer on all Advancement Sub-committee activities and support, including scheduling meetings and drafting minutes with a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintain accurate electronic filing system, including of Sub-committee minutes and agendas.
- Assist the Advancement department and Advancement Sub-committees in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Perform prospect research as requested, utilizing Raiser’s Edge Research Point and internet search vehicles.
- Support the planning and execution of Subcommittee-sponsored donor events (as needed).
- Coordinate donations of items (“gifts-in-kind”) and assist with welcoming and orienting volunteers.
- Represent the Advancement team with a high degree of professionalism in all contacts with staff, donors, volunteers, and the public.
ECS provides a motivating work environment and encourages individual professional development. We provide a comprehensive salary and benefits package that includes: health, dental and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; training opportunities; transportation subsidies; 401(k) retirement plan; generous vacation allowance; 11 paid holidays; home purchase grants; and an employee assistance program.
See attachment for full job description.
Episcopal Community Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?