Epiq is seeking an experienced Legal Records Manager to support a client in D.C. This role will be directly responsible for managing 6-8 Records Specialists in an IP law firm. This is a full-time, permanent, direct-hire role. Prior IP experience is required.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Identify and establish goals and objectives of the RIM program to support the Firm's strategic plan.
- Provide strategic information to management to demonstrate accountability and build allegiance with professional staff.
- Provides RIM training for all new attorneys, paralegals, and secretaries.
- Identify projects and coordinate resources to ensure successful completion of projects and achieve Firm goals and objectives.
- Analyze key performance indicators and prepare reports for appropriate management and stakeholders to demonstrate the success of the RIM Program.
- Conduct facilities planning by reviewing short- and long-term resources and space requirements to identify, evaluate, and recommend possible options.
- Conduct short- and long-term forecasting by evaluating financial conditions and Firm needs to meet future operational requirements.
- Develop position descriptions defining roles and responsibilities to support the strategic plan.
- Manage the effects of change on the RIM Program.
- Implement and manage processes associated with regulatory compliance.
- Develop comprehensive procedures to document the Firm's RIM practices.
- Manage records retention and disposition in compliance with RIM Program Policy, legal and regulatory requirements, and business needs.
- Manage security and protection of Firm information assets; both physical and electronic.
- Develop in collaboration with Conflicts Legal Counsel or Risk Management Department.
- Direct risk assessments and audit processes to ensure information protection.
- Act as a liaison between employer and client to ensure clear communication to maximize support and accomplish the Firm's goals.
- Empower others through leadership and training to maximize the professional development of each RIM member and create a positive work environment.
Required Characteristics and Credentials:
- 4-6 years of supervisory or management experience in an active/inactive legal records management environment
- IP experience
- Microsoft Office Suite, Autonomy or Legal Key experience
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- knowledge of and working experience with records management software
- Ability to interface with all levels of management, co-workers, and other staff members for the purpose of exchanging information and assigning duties
- interfaces with internal supervisory personnel and legal staff
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to routinely work with, lift, and move standard file boxes weighing 35 pounds