Epiq is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Office Specialist. Office Specialists provide a variety of support within our client law firm locations. They cross train in multiple service areas such as filing, reception, hospitality, records, copy, mail, or other positions as applicable. Service Specialists are expected to provide support to all requests and flex services with a “can do” attitude and philosophy. This position requires a team player mentality, ability to deliver on service commitments timely, and communication skills both with our internal team and our client staff!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide support for miscellaneous requests and flex services with a "can do" attitude and philosophy
- Maintain a positive team-player mentality
- Accurately communicate with client staff and EPIQ team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges, requests, etc.
- Deliver on service commitments in a timely and accurate manner
- Invest proper effort and QC approach to deliver highest quality work and service
- Comply with EPIQ's standards of operations as set forth in the contract agreement, the site operations manual, and the employee handbook
Required Characteristics and Credentials:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year professional level work experience
- Previous experience in a client service oriented field preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional in presenting oneself in a professional setting
- Ability to learn skills quickly
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling any "complaint situations"
- Ability to lift or move 40 lbs. or greater
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of 100 lbs.
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel, stand, and/or sit for an extended period of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office machinery (phone, copy machines, binding equipment, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products pertaining to the specific position including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel etc.
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Visual acuity
- Able to convey information and ideas through speech in ways that others will understand
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Able to speak clearly so listeners understand, identify and understand the speech of another person
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision