Hiring Material Planner in Beltsville Maryland - 6 Months Contract
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Material Planner II
6 Months Contract
Onsite position in Beltsville Maryland 20705-2005
High school diploma with 7 years experience in material planning in manufacturing, OR
Associate's Degree with 5 years experience in material planning in manufacturing OR
Bachelor's Degree with 3 years experience in material planning in manufacturing OR
Master's degree with 1-year experience in material planning in manufacturing
Understanding of bill of material and MRP
- Prepares lists of materials, accessories, and parts used in production following engineering and design blueprints.
- Examines blueprints, identifies parts code, computes quantity needed, and lists total material requirements including contract numbers, routing, and special handling instructions.
- Submits list to purchasing department for use in preparing purchase orders.
- Maintains schedules for material requirements and availability for the manufacture of industrial and commercial products to support production control.
- Compiles records concerning quantity, cost, and type of material received, shipped, in stock or inventory, and/or in production.
- Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules.
- Assists in determining possible and actual shortages may initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
- Uses knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert proper authorities regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action.
- Estimates and logs production rate and time expenditures and may be required to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Epik Solutions