Logistics Specialist, Manufacturing and Tech Transfer
- Posted: August 04, 2022
The Logistics Specialist, Manufacturing and Tech Transfer, will be responsible for tracking delivery of incoming and outgoing packages for Epic; interfaces with vendor(s) to manage clinical and translational research blood collection kit inventory; oversees collection kit orders from collection sites; troubleshoots both complex logistics technical and routine requests. The Logistics Specialist will develop and manage reporting metrics in support of logistics and supplies, as well as participate in implementation of new logistics and material practices.
- Minimum of two (2) years of logistics experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven practical experience managing logistics and maintaining inventory in a manufacturing/CLIA/scientific research environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills using Word, Excel (including working knowledge of functions, formulas, pivot tables, etc.), PowerPoint, etc.
- Full compliance to business, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills. Maintains accurate and detailed records of operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates.
- Works effectively in a team environment; establishes effective relationships with supervisor and team members.
- Desire to be a part of highly motivated team in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A high level of ability to evaluate data and make insightful predictions about technology, staffing, and their intersection with Epics platform.
- Highly efficient at time management and prioritization; able to help the group establish timelines to accomplish complex tasks; ability to troubleshoot problems and generate effective solutions.
- Coordinate the transportation of specimen collection kits
- Interface with vendor(s) to oversee clinical and translational research blood collection kit inventories
- Purchase order entry based on review of current inventory levels
- Maintain collection kit inventory database and prepare reports and correspondence
- Utilize various data analysis tools to aid in decision making (i.e., Access, Excel)
- Resolve complaints pertaining to collection kits or kit logistics
- Drive the discovery and implementation of cost savings related to categories assigned
- Support complex continuous improvement and quality activities such as process and procedure improvements through the change control procedure
- Proactively/Reactively collaborate and interface with members of Manufacturing, Sales, and Management teams
- Proactively identify problems and swiftly implement the appropriate solutions; ability to make real time decisions with minimal guidance
- Participates in maintaining and writing departmental SOPs pertinent to job functions (as needed)
- Receive, sort, inspect and deliver arriving mail and packages
- Responsible for supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the Employee Handbook and Safety Policy/Manual and all Human Resources policies, and by demonstrating the Companys values and being a role model for the Company Brand
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Performance Orientation Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in scorecards and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients lives.
- Competitive Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the Epic Sciences goal to be the premier CTC technology in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency Has the speed and agility dedicated to the companys goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence - Confident in ones skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Transition from standing and sitting often.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment. Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
- Requires some exposure (e.g., inventory management) to BLS-2 laboratory.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Epic Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the principle of diversity.
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Epic Sciences will require proof of COVID vaccination.
AddressSan Diego, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Epic Sciences