Epic Piping is seeking a motivated individual for an opportunity to work as Construction Management Intern for the upcoming Fall semester. The Construction Management Intern will be provided a unique experience to work alongside managers and supervisors in Departments such as Engineering, Procurement and Materials Management.
Epic Piping’s Intern program is a pipeline to career success. Through a 3 semester long internship program, you’ll get hands-on, real-world experience, and learn from industry leaders and mentors. You’ll be challenged with impactful projects, and we’ll include you in the day-to-day fast-paced excitement of the pipe fabrication industry.
You will receive a competitive rate, have a flexible work schedule, and will be considered part of our professional team while earning course credit. During your internship, you’ll connect with colleagues and industry-leading executives to build your professional network. You’ll benefit from hearing firsthand about industry trends and issues, business strategy and executive leadership. The entire Epic Piping team supports and enjoys helping our interns learn and grow.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist in the processing of transmittal packages from clients (receipt, indexing, etc.)
- Assist in the distribution of spools to drafting (internally & sub-contracted)
- Assist in the distribution of releasable spool transmittal packages to shops
- Shadow and support the material take off process
- Assist in the generation of material requisitions
- Assist in the processing of bills of materials and the upload into JD Edwards
- Assist in the spec development process
- Assist in the development of the project purchasing instructions based on experience gained from project engineering.
- Shadow and support the procurement sourcing team throughout the estimating process (reports, material analysis, quote management)
- Assist in the evaluation of requisitions and the bid procedure
- Assist in the development of bid tabs and coordinate reviews
- Evaluate available inventory to identify opportunities to fulfill orders from stock
- Assist in the supplier evaluation process and update key performance indicators (e.g. Accuracy of delivery, material discrepancy, etc.)
- Assist in the material receiving function both physically and logically
- Assist the material control team in preparing spools for release
- Assist in the evaluation of material shortages and substitutions
- Assist in the pulling and kitting of material
- Assist in the issuing of material to spools
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 with relevant completed coursework
Experience: Preferred leadership experience in roles such as orientation leaders, campus tour guides, student government representatives, residence assistants, club or team leaders, or mentors/ tutors
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Detail oriented
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, reliable and dependable
Epic Piping is one of the largest privately-owned turn-key industrial pipe fabrication firms in the world. Our management team has been working together for over 26 years and has over 500 years combined experience servicing the power, chemical, refining, offshore and oil & gas industries. Epic’s global fabrication capacity currently exceeds 1 million sq. ft, with a total production capacity of 20,000 spools per month at multiple facilities.