Looking for a dynamic Safety Associate for a fast-paced warehouse in Bloomfield, CT.
Safety Associates are proactively involved in ensuring that proper practices are observed in the workplace. They perform safety inspections throughout the warehouse while observing working conditions, equipment and employee behaviors to identify safety problems and take corrective action.
- Perform safety inspections and walks
- Attend safety start-up meetings as necessary
- Conduct timely safety orientations
- Conduct safety training
- Ensure warehouse safety policies are being followed at all times.
- Perform daily site safety inspections
- Identify safety compliance issues
- Assist with accident prevention programs
- Prepare and submit safety reports
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations
- Perform daily contractor safety audits
- Review company safety programs and policies for compliance
- Observe and speak with employees in the workplace
- Coach with positive reinforcement on safe behavior.
- Point out observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Discuss ways to do jobs more safely to include counsel and disciplinary action, as needed
- Document the interaction findings.
Most of your day will be walking throughout the warehouse, from building to building, and all of the property while promoting safe work habits. Expect to be on your feet walking several miles during your shift.