The primary purpose of the Assistant Executive Director is to direct the day-to-day functions of their areas of responsibility in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern nursing facilities to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times and to assist the Executive Director in these areas for the entire facility.
You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Assistant Executive Director, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the philosophy, mission, and objective of Consulate Health Care within and to customers outside the facility.
- Assist Executive Director with establishing financial and programmatic goals for the facility and conduct an annual evaluation of goal achievement.
- Provide input into the annual operating budget.
- Monitor Monthly performance of areas of responsibility in relation to the budget and intervene as needed.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring and orientation/training for a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out facility programs and services.
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of governing board policies and procedures.
- Conduct and document annual performance evaluations on each direct report staff.
- In conjunction with executive Director, maintain and guide the implementation of facility policies and procedures in compliance with corporate, state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Support and guide the facility’s quality improvement process in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Work closely with sales/marketing staff to set strategies for promotion and expansion of the facility’s programs/services within the community.
- Ensure adequate preparation for, and participate in, regulatory compliance surveys.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
- Ensure that residents, visitors and employees are treated with respect and compassion as evidenced by satisfaction surveys
- Attend to overall operation of the facility in absence of Executive Director
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
Education / Experience
- Current, unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator (LNHA – NHA) license in Virginia.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in healthcare. Advanced degree in a healthcare related field preferred.
- Must possess the ability and desire to embrace Consulate Health Care’s vision, mission and 5 core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills related to management, planning, budgeting, marketing and quality improvement.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of OBRA regulations, the survey process, survey tag numbers, and quality measures.
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administration.
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support personnel, etc., to ensure that the residents’ needs are continually met.
Envoy of Williamsburg
Why Work Here?
Great leadership team!