Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a rapidly growing startup that does meaningful work? If so, we may be the business for you! We are Envoy! and we provide electric car-sharing services to various community types.
We are looking for people who are hungry to learn new things, love dynamic and fast paced environment and want to be a part of building sustainable & customizable mobility in communities!
We are seeking a Controller to become an integral part of our team! You will oversee financial activities and personnel as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
Required Background of Candidates
Education: 4 Year Degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience: 4-5 years’ progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance function, preferably with a technology company and/or a startup. Public grant accounting knowledge and/or experience will be strongly preferential.
Requirements: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Responsibilities and Duties: The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations, including:
- Maintain/enforce a documented system of accounting policies & procedures, including management of outsourced functions
- Work closely with Co-Founders to design an org structure adequate for achieving accounting department’s goals & objectives
- Issue timely & complete financial statements & reports
- Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records
- Comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk
- Enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results
- Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Cashflow and P&L management
- Risk management
- Ensure APs are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure AR balance is collected promptly
- Process payroll
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Coordinate preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend and implement benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual company budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Compliance: Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings