Job Title: Software Engineer II
Job Location: Reston, VA
FLSA: ExemptJob Description:
Responsible for developing web-based applications that support collaboration efforts across the Agency. Full stack web developer, with experience doing front-end and back-end development. Develop scripts and applications for application management on legacy environment. Demonstrated experience with PHP scripting language. Designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and four (4) years of relevant experience. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification"
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic, small team environment. Experience with AWS cloud based deployments is a plus.
- Ability to design, develop, test, integrate, deploy, and support/maintain scalable web pages and web services utilizing Java."
- Demonstrated experience developing in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with MySQL (or other relational databases)
- Experience with object oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience with Node.js (or other front-end frameworks)
- Experience with Twitter’s Bootstrap library
- Experience with Model, View, Controller (MVC) architecture
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Long and Short-Term Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Shopping Discounts through LifeMart/ADP
- Voluntary Benefits through Aflac and LegalShield
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Tickets to Sporting Events (select offices)
- Tuition Reimbursement (after one year)