Job Location: Reston, VA
- Implement security tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, incident handling, customer request handling, etc.
- Troubleshoot networking issues, enhance network performance and reliability.
- Interact with Operations Engineers, Operators, and CND Analysts to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Specialized application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Define functional requirements, perform research, evaluate vendors/solutions, and design/implement solutions.
- Engage/negotiate with operations stakeholders to develop software behavioral requirements; to be translated by software development into minimal viable product.
- Develop and maintain capacity plans for Splunk â€“ sizing for both aggregation as well as overall license management of the tool
- Ability to clearly document and articulate findings that will enable team members to perform their duties
- Provide technical engineering support to all phases of network development, operation and management.
- Analyze network topologies and network performance.
- Top Secret/SCI eligible and willing to take a CI Poly
Must be a U.S. Citizen
- BS Degree from an accredited university
- Eight (8) years or more of experience as Security Tools Administrator (ELK, Splunk, Tenable, Nessus) on a large enterprise
- An individual capable of multitasking, direct problem to solution-oriented results
- Skills that would enable a candidate:
- Shell scripting in Linux and Windows environments, Splunk training and certification, experience in the ability to build customer dashboards and visual models.
- Desired Certification and Experience:
- Splunk, ELK, Tenable, Nessus, Security+ certifications
- 5+ years in IT Infrastructure, network, architecture, systems administration or security â€“ to include firewall administration
- Successful Candidates will be expected to perform the following tasks with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Must have a DoD 8570.01 IAT certification level III.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Long and Short-Term Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and vacation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Shopping discounts through LifeMart/ADP
- Voluntary Benefits through Aflac and LegalShield
- Tickets to Sporting Events (select offices)
- Tuition Reimbursement (after one year)