EnvisionWare is searching for a Technician Implementation Consultant to join our Professional Services team.
EnvisionWare is a global leader in the creation and deployment of innovative software and hardware systems to support the needs of self service in the library industry.
We are seeking a self-directed Field Technician Implementation Consultant to provide remote and onsite installation and support for libraries in Charleston (on-site) and across the US (remote).
The Field Technician Implementation Consultant coordinates, plans, consults and implements systems related to hardware and software for libraries both remotely and in the field. Manages customer installations while acting as liaison to internal staff that build and maintain products. As a member of an active Professional Services team, this position also participates in consulting on the best experience for library staff and their customers (patrons).
To provide specialized professional technology and system utilization skills and to implement and coordinate the successful deployment of EnvisionWare solutions in a Library. Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction by efficiently coordinating delivery and installation of the products and services that comprise a self service or efficiency improvement solution for a library.
Essential Job Functions
· Plans and coordinates installations of EnvisionWare systems, integrating ILS (integrated library system) with various products.
· Generates reports and provides status updates as required for service management and customers.
· Works with library staff to establish goals for successful outcomes, identify implementation issues that may arise during software and hardware installations, configurations, updates and troubleshooting.
· Provides quality training for the successful operation and ongoing maintenance of implemented systems to library personnel with varying levels of expertise. Adapts structured training to fit the unique needs of each customer.
· Partners with technology vendors, ensures that materials arrive at the library to meet the scheduled installation dates.
· Exercises quality control and quality assurance protocols.
· Performs periodic maintenance of EnvisionWare products.
· May prepare user documentation, recommend policies, establishes work priorities, plans improvements, and identifies opportunities for service improvements.
· Exhibits an aptitude for learning new products and grasps new techniques quickly. May attend major trade shows strategic to the business.
· Provides site surveys, photos and related documentation as required.
· 50% of time dedicated to support for Charleston County Library.
· 50% of time for remote installation and support.
· A working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems, networking, database management, and RFID technology.
· Experienced in Windows and web-based applications.
· Ability to work in a team atmosphere and communicate professionally and responsibly with internal and external service resources, company representatives and customers.
· Previous experience in a similar environment.
· Minimum of 2 years customer service-related experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
· Attention to detail, strong follow up skills; and proven ability to produce quality work.
· Project Management or related experience.
· Library or Automated Materials Handling (AMH) and RFID experience.
· Knowledge with Mac and tablet technologies.
· Knowledge of computer and peripheral operations, installation, and troubleshooting.
· Demonstrated experience in IT customer service and/or consulting environment.
· Experience installing and supporting hardware, software and networked systems.
**Only resumes submitted via our website will be reviewed. http://www.envisionware.com/jobs
EnvisionWare offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401(k) Plan, STD, LTD, PTO, and paid holidays.
EnvisionWare supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA/M/F/D/V/SO and E-verify participant.