Customer Service Optician
Envision Ghent Optometry Norfolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Customer Service Optician needed
Do you love solving problems to help people live better lives? Got a flair for style and a gift for making people look and feel their best? Then we want to talk to you about our Customer Service Optician position.
Our busy optical practice needs a Customer Service Optician to help our patients leave our office looking snazzy in their perfect new pair of glasses. This is a full-time position at our office in Norfolk with benefits.
What you’ll be doing as our Customer Service Optician
As our Customer Service Optician, you are the “pharmacist” of the eye care profession. You’ll be helping our patients choose the right glasses for them based on their personal style, lifestyle needs, prescription, and more.
This is not just any sales job! Your role is to be an educator and a style consultant. If you hate pushy salespeople, you’ll love this job, because we hate pushy salespeople, too.
Some of your duties will include:
- Helping people pick out frames that suit them based on the shape of their face, bridge fit, lifestyle, and prescription.
- Determining the best lens types, materials, coatings, and brands for patients’ lifestyles. For example, a kid who plays basketball will need something different from someone who works on a computer all day.
- Educating first-timers on how to use and take care of their glasses.
- Troubleshooting prescription issues
- Taking accurate measurements for all lens styles and prescriptions
- Checking new glasses for fit and making adjustments
- Billing insurance
- Educating patients on what their insurance covers
- Keeping the optical space looking clean, neat and welcoming
- Occasionally covering for our front desk; answering the phone lines, scheduling/recalls, greeting patients
Why this job is more than a job
In eye care, we change people’s lives. We help grandma and grandpa keep their independence by saving their eyesight. We help kids get better grades because they can finally see the board! We prevent devastating traffic accidents, allow parents to take in every detail on their children’s faces, and help people enjoy an improved quality of life – because life is so much better when you can SEE.
If you want a career where you help the people in your community have better lives, this is the job for you!
Experience is a plus, but it’s certainly not required as long as your credentials meet state licensing requirements. We offer paid training to the right person with a great attitude, a helpful heart, and a love of learning! Our office offers training with 30+ years of experience, we have a plethora of knowledge we are excited to share.
If these sound like you, please apply!
- You’ve got a great sense of style and love to help people look their best.
- You’re a natural problem solver, and hearing things like “these glasses don’t fit” or “I can’t get used to seeing with these confounded things” gets you pumped up to work your magic.
- You’re happy to take as much time as a patient needs to pick the right glasses – after all, they’re going to be part of their everyday lives!
- You’re confident in making recommendations.
- You’re outgoing and friendly with a deep concern for others
- You connect with people quickly and easily.
- You feel that every customer deserves red carpet treatment.
- You’re known for doing what you say you’re going to do – no excuses!
- Your reputation for honesty and integrity is legendary.
- You take pride and ownership in your work – whatever you do, you do it well.
- You see yourself as an integral part of your team’s success (because we will).
- You’re always up for learning something new, and you master new skills quickly.
- Medical and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Plan (upon eligibility)
- Paid vacation and holidays with a guaranteed 32 hours weekly
Envision Ghent Optometry is a high-volume optical practice in Norfolk. We love to come to work every day because we love what we do and we’ve built an office culture that can’t be beat. If you’re looking to join a team that feels like a family, where your efforts will always be appreciated, and where you will be valued for the amazing person you are, apply now!
We value your time, so we’ll be back in touch with you very quickly.
Powered by JazzHR
Envision Ghent Optometry
HealthcareView all jobs at Envision Ghent Optometry