Envirosweep LLC, located on the south side of Indianapolis, IN a provider of street & parking Lot sweeping services in Indiana. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. Envirosweep serves nearly 800 customers in commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout Indiana.
Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Envirosweep one of the best companies in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, opportunity for growth, and they are home every night.
A Street Sweeper Operator safely operates a heavy duty truck with a sweeping unit mounted to it. They are responsible for sweeping streets on construction sites, road projects as well as municipalities. In same cases, they will be operating in live traffic so attention to detail and safe driving practices are a must. They are also responsible for dumping debris into a dumpster or approved area provided by the customer, duties will also require washing the truck down, rinsing out the hopper, as well as refilling dust suppression tanks with water throughout the work day. Responsibilities will also include working closely and communicating with project managers on job sites to ensure quality of services as will as the completion of each job to meet or exceed customer expectations.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Other minor duties may be assigned.
* Operates vehicle in accordance with Envirosweep's Safety Guidelines, OSHA (Occupational & Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state and federal laws.
* Performs pre and post trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standards DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
* Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
* Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Envirosweep Management or Route Manger.
* Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
* Notifies Route Manger of any incidents, accidents, injuries, or property damage.
* Notifies Route manger or Dispatch of service interruptions, including closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
* Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch
* Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
* Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
* Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
II. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This job has no supervisory duties.
The Requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: High School diploma or GED
* Experience : 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements:
* Commercial Drivers License B (CDL)
* The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
* Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air brake endorsement
C. Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
* Acceptable driving record required.
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Successfully complete pre employment DOT Drug Screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 25 pounds frequently.
* Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a GPS monitored vehicle.
* Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases to be greater or lesser than documented here.