Regional CDL Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $28 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
EWI is a one-stop environmental consulting and industrial services company. When our clients have a need, we dive in, diagnose, and apply the right combination of science, safety, grit, and ingenuity. Serving clients across the nation through our 10 locations, we are a team who walks the company's talk of Getting Stuff Done (GSD).
Essential Responsibilities | CDL Driver
One of the greatest aspects of the CDL Driver role at EWI is that you get some variety in your day between driving and performing hands-on work. If you like the satisfaction of responding to high-priority or emergency work and helping with the resolution of matters, this is a great position for you.
CDL Drivers at EWI are absolutely critical to the operations of our company. We highly value our employees in this role and invest in you-Get hired as a driver for our company and receive an automatic $2,000 sign-on bonus.
- Operate a company commercial motor vehicle to get to job site
- Drives commercial equipment to job site whether planned or in response to an emergency
- Performs various hands-on work while on job location depending on environmental job
- Operate hand tools, light machinery, and sharp tools while on job location
- Works in a safe and healthy manner in accordance with established safety and OSHA requirements
- Provides care and light maintenance of tools and equipment to maintain their proper operation
Position Type and Expected Hours | CDL Driver
- Full-time position
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holidays required-Home Most Weekends
- Travels approximately 60% of the week
Qualifications | CDL Driver
- Class A CDL required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements preferred, but not necessary. EWI will provide all required training
- Three (3) years of general labor or construction experience preferred
- Required to follow all safety standards; wears necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas
- Has ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions and schedules
- Effectively interacts with co-workers, clients, and vendors
- Possesses effective time management, adaptability, and personal conduct skills
Work Environment | CDL Driver
Exposure to harsh conditions such as dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures for periods of time is possible.
This employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to regularly lift and carry 50 pounds.
We are a company focused on GSD. In fact, that's our mission. But to GSD successfully, we build a team of enjoyable, productive people, who believe that taking responsibility for our own happiness. We look for people and develop them toward our leadership values of:
- Builds Talent in Self and Others
- Getting Stuff Done
Environmental Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Our dedicated, hard-working team offers wide-ranging expertise and cutting-edge technology. We’re passionate about providing a proactive approach and unparalleled results.
Environmental Works, Inc.Why Work Here?
We believe the best deserve to be surrounded by the best and trust our team to get stuff done (GSD).
Since 1992, EWI has handled environmental services for businesses of all sizes. We’re an ally for our clients – not only identifying projects, but offering innovative solutions based on proven research. Our dedicated, hard-working team offers wide-ranging expertise and cutting-edge technology. We’re passionate about providing a proactive approach and unparalleled results.
1675 Argentine BlvdKansas City, KS
Transportation and Storage