Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform general labor tasks.
- Safely perform manual labor at various locations throughout the United States.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Operate hand tools, light machinery, and sharp tools.
- Travel up to 60% via driving a company vehicle.
- Responsible for responding to emergency response locations with limited notice.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established OSHA requirements.
- Required to follow safety standards. Required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
- Must be literate with the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and posted schedules.
- Knowledge of the care, proper use, and ability to perform light maintenance on the tools, motor vehicles, and equipment provided.
- Must not be afraid of heights and confined spaces.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position. Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- For insurability purposes a valid driver's license is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years of general labor or construction experience preferred.
- Class A CDL strongly preferred.
- HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred.
- May include handling waste for remediation, sampling, packaging and labeling various wastes.
- Perform industrial maintenance.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization's goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of HAZWOPER and OSHA regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to regularly lift and carry 50 pounds. Sitting 10%, standing/walking 90%.
Environmental Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.