Senior Software Engineer
ESC is the leading provider of environmental air monitoring software for electric utilities in the US. We have been in business for over 50 years, have a stable business model, and have continued to stay profitable through several economic downturns.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Pensacola, FL.
What We Offer:
- Full-time, permanent position
- Relocation package available
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, company-paid Life Insurance, etc.
- Vacation & Sick leave
- Ten holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Relaxed work environment
- Learning environment
As a Senior Software Engineer, You will:
- Build new applications with a consistent framework to insure testability and maintainability.
- Work collaboratively with developers and product owners to decompose requirements into actionable tasks and insure timely features delivery.
- Create technical design specifications and work with QA to align understanding of requirements in user stories and to develop system test plans.
- Research and leverage the latest technologies, provide certain level of leadership on emerging technical aspects and best practices.
- Design and implement proof of concepts/components when required.
- Mentor and grow junior developers. Perform and participate in code reviews. Help drive best practices and coding standards throughout the team.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- 7+ years of tracking experience developing enterprise level systems using C# and .NET Framework (e.g. enterprise apps, Microsoft ASP .Net MVC or Web API).
- 3+ years of UI development experience in WPF and MVVM frameworks such as Caliburn Micro or Prism. Knowledge of UI toolkits such as DevExpress, Infragistics, Telerik is a plus
- 3+ years of SQL and relational database design or experience developing .NET applications with an RDBMS
- Good understanding of SOLID principles and how to develop clean, object-oriented, error-tolerant code using TDD and a unit testing framework such as MSTest, NUnit, and XUnit.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git.
- Experience with continuous integration, build processes and deployment tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, etc. is a plus
- Familiar with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus
- Experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and ADO Entities is a plus
- Good team player, hungry and self-starter that can work well in a team environment.
- Have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers.
- Proven technical leadership in a fast-paced agile environment
ESC is the leading provider of environmental air quality monitoring software in the US. Over 40% of electric utility power plants use ESC software to monitor their smokestack emissions for required reporting to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state regulatory agencies. And we are continuing to grow by expanding to serve petroleum refineries and petrochemical plants. ESC currently has a team of over 70 software, product, and support engineers and other support personnel.
Our teams are made up of dedicated, smart and reliable employees. Our values are at the center of our business:
1. "We, not me"
2. "Game On"
3. "Do right by the Customer"
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to age, race, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of a mental, physical or sensory disability.
Successful candidates will need to pass a background evaluation and a pre-employment drug screen before beginning work.
No employer visa sponsorship offered for this position.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position