Business Development Manager
ESC | Spectrum is the leading provider of environmental air quality software and Continuous Emissions and Monitoring Systems (CEMS) in the US. Over 40% of electric utility power plants uses ESC | SSI software & CEMS to monitor their smokestack emissions for required reporting to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state regulatory agencies. ESC | SSI is currently has a team of over 100 software, product, support engineers and business development personnel. ESC | SSI has been in business for almost 50 years, has a stable business model, and has continued to stay profitable through several economic downturns.
Our teams are made up of dedicated, smart and reliable employees. Our values are at the center of our business:
1. "We, not me"
2. "Game On"
3. "Do right by the Customer"
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager who shares our values to join our team.
ESC | SSI Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility is to contribute to ESC | SSI growth in Power Utility & Petro markets. In this role, the BDM role will focus on selling Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems & Service (CEMS) and Data Acquisition, Handling, and Reporting Package (DAS).
Location: Open. Must be close to major airport.
We are actively looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team in Austin or Houston, Texas. Additional remote locations are acceptable upon approval. This position is full-time, permanent and reports to the Director of Sales & Business Development. Successful candidates for this job are self-motivated, creative problem-solvers who propose solutions and flexible to constant change in an Agile environment. The candidate will collaborate with the Director of Sales & Business Development to develop strategic plans for assigned markets and dives revenue based on growth goals.
What You'll Need:
- Humble, Hungry, and People Smart attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or other relevant field
- Establish contact list in the power utilities or petroleum industries or proven ability to generate prospects within these industries
- 5+ years’ experience in business development and consultative sales roles with a proven record of closing new business
- Self-directed with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Travel required, up to 50%, including frequent overnight travel
- Strong negotiating and closing skills
- Has a solid understanding of the power utility or petroleum industries environmental regulations governing this industry.
- Has an understanding of Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS).
- Has an understanding of a Data Acquisition System (DAS).
- Has recent Salesforce.com CRM experience.
- Has industrial automation or instrumentation sales experience.
- Experience selling Software as a Solution.
What We Offer:
- Remote office work environment
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive benefits package (Med, Den, Vision, 401K, company paid Life Insurance, etc.)
- Vacation & Sick leave
- Ten holidays per year
- Learning environment
Please be aware that before a job offer can be made, ESC will expect the candidate to arrange reference check calls with several past managers, chosen by ESC.
To learn more about our company please visit our website at www.envirosys.com.
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to age, race, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of a mental, physical or sensory disability.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position