The Transportation & Logistics Manager is responsible managing company drivers and transportation activities as well as the warehouse shipping and receiving zone(s) and support staff. The individual develops reporting and results criteria to insure sustained cost management and best value for in-house and external transportation costs. Additional responsibilities include creating policies or procedures for logistics activities, training drivers and shipping personnel in responsibilities regarding logistics’ strategies. Ability to communicate goals to the team including team member understanding and accountability for metrics.
Responsible for all logistics functions including:
• Management of company drivers as well as warehouse shipping and receiving zone(s) and support staff
• Scheduling of all domestic and international rail, container, LTL and truck load shipments companywide (inbound and outbound)
• Negotiation of freight rates with vendors
• Investigation and reports all accidents and cargo claims
• Maintaining logistics related data in CycleLution ERP system
• Provide operational and financial reporting to management
• Certification of all new and existing employees on material handling equipment
• Maintenance material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc) and company vehicles
• Set up daily route for company drivers.
• Works closely with production manager, purchasing and sales representatives to make sure time commitments are met.
• Record all customer and vendor phone calls and interaction in the appropriate company CRM system.
• Other tasks as assigned by management
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience
• At least 3 years prior experience in logistics and shipping in a management role
• Must have a sound understanding of customs documentation
• Understanding of relevant regulations (DOT, OSHA, etc.)
• Detail oriented and must be able to analyze and interpret data and work with a high level of accuracy
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to prioritize workload in a dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess good organizational skills
• Attendance and punctuality according to the work schedule are a must and are vital to the operations of the rest of the company.
• Preferred hours are 9am – 5:30pm but 8:30am – 5pm will be considered
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must be able to use hands for data entry