Lab Pack Field Supervisor
- Posted: over a month ago
Environmental Enterprises Incorporated is a specialty environmental management and disposal company. We are dedicated to protecting the environment by providing quality environmental services, recycling options, and waste disposal at competitive rates through innovative technologies and superior technical support. We strongly support improving the quality of life for our employees and the community.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Lab Pack Field Chemist Supervisor. We are seeking an individual with great people skills, strong work ethic, willingness to learn and initiative. Full time benefits include: excellent health coverage, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 4o1(k), paid vacation & holidays.
The field supervisor is responsible for scheduling team members on various projects, assisting with customer quotes, and maintaining customer relationships including complaint resolution. The field supervisor is a hands-on position, conducting field work alongside the team, preparing containers such as drums and pails for pick up, including identification of chemicals, lab packing hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals at customer locations. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years management experience with proven track record in leadership and conflict resolution.
- Sample, characterize, and prepare waste for shipment at customer locations, including identification of chemicals.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for shipment of waste in accordance with company procedures and EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Performs work in a safe manner.
- Perform work in a safe manner, following all safety procedures.
- Provide customer service on project sites, representing the company in a manner which garners the confidence of the customer.
- Conduct visual segregation by hazard classification, and inventory at the generator site.
- Identify labpack quantity unknowns onsite and perform chemical compatibility checks.
- Utilize various computer programs including Word, Excel, Access.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Work is performed in outdoor and indoor environments and workers are subject to heat and cold while donning required PPE, including respirator.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 40 Hour Hazwoper certificate preferred.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, push/pull to load drums weighing in excess of 500 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent, but degree in chemistry or sciences highly preferred.
- At least 5 years management/leadership experience.
- Some overnight travel is necessary (~20%).
- Insurable driving record required.
Environmental Enterprises Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Environmental Enterprises