Outdoor Lighting Technician with Lighthouse Company
The primary role of the Lighthouse Outdoor Lighting Service Technician is to service, repair and install outdoor lighting systems using best practices at the direction of our Franchise Company Lighthouse Director under contract between the client(s) and the company. The Lighthouse Outdoor Lighting Technician will demonstrate proficiency with installing, servicing, and repairing the well-known manufacturer’s systems and will possesses more advanced knowledge, including the safe and proper use of more challenging tools and equipment and understand more complex systems and designs. The Outdoor Lighting Technician will have emerging leadership abilities and will lead others by example and through specific coaching.
The Lighthouse Outdoor Lighting Technician recognizes that successfully meeting client and company expectations supports the future stability and growth of the organization and their own future employment opportunities. A principal company value for all positions is that each individual should promote a positive company image with clients, among fellow employees, and with the general public. We value each person as a contributing team member within the company.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Exceptional Client Service
- Polite, cooperative, and attentive to client’s requests
- Ensure arrival each day in a clean uniform and ensure professional dress and conduct at all times during working hours.
- Fulfill required job assignments using proper lighting practices for all contracted work based on clients expectations.
- Ensure a positive and friendly demeanor and be approachable at all times – clients, employees, and the general public.
- Follow company policy and procedures for managing client relations.
- Communicate all questions/concerns/complements from the client to the Manager to ensure prompt company response.
- Notify the Manager of any requested changes to the contract by the client prior to conducting the work.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and provide input to Manager on solutions/opportunities for improvement.
- Provide direction and guidance on proper client services issues to new crew members as needed and assigned.
Lighting Contract Execution
- Arrive to assigned site in a timely manner, fully prepared for the workday.
- Ensure the jobsite is kept clean, safe, and organized at all times.
- Load and unload as assigned all necessary equipment and materials from the trucks following established safety guidelines and solicit help from other team members when needed.
- Performs such activities associated with outdoor lighting such as, but not limited to assembling lighting fixtures, running cable, splicing and connecting wires, burying cable, position lamps, replacement and repair of system as needed
- Provides training and guidance to crew members on technical skills and usage of tools and equipment when directed
- Complete all assigned work within the allowable time estimated to complete the work. Notifies the Manager as promptly as possible if there are any changes to the estimated time for completion.
- Perform snow removal functions in addition to routine lighting installation activities as assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning jobsite after the job is completed each day
- Maintains a positive team environment.
Equipment &Tool Use and Care
- Understand and comply with all company policies and manufacturer procedures for use and care of equipment/tools/parts.
- Understand the safety risks of each and comply with the safety procedures for use and care.
- Use and direct other crew members to use personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, appropriate clothing) as requested by the company and as recommended by OSHA standards. Know the location of first aid kits.
- Safely operate any assigned equipment and/or tools only after approval has been provided by the Manager.
- Provide training and supervision to new operators of equipment and tools prior to assigning task
- Ensure that the maintenance and cleaning of equipment and tools is conducted by self and/or assigned team members in accordance to company policy and manufacturers operating procedures.
- Ensure the tools and equipment are stored safely on the truck/trailer, properly and kept in a clean, good working condition when not in use. Ensure team members do the same.
- Ensure proper trucks to trailer hook-up procedures are followed for each use once training and acceptable proficiency is established by the Manager for you and your assigned team members. Ensure training and supervision for new crew members.
- Secure unattended equipment and tools on the jobsite at all times.
- Report immediately to the Manager any safety violations, accidents, theft, or injuries.
Team Participation, Coaching and Communication
- Be willing to accept directions from Manager for daily job assignments
- Be willing to provide training and supervision to any assigned crew members either on a temporary or long-term basis.
- Provide suggestions for improvements to the Manager to help problem-solve any obstacles that delay the service from being completed.
- Clarify any work instructions that you are uncertain about with your manager or assigned crew members prior to starting the assignment.
- Be respectful and tolerant of others behavior and views but bring discrepancy with Company and/or team policy to the attention of the Manager as necessary.
- Be flexible and willing to shift from one crew to another when needed.
- Attend all company-related meetings as assigned and ensure that assigned team members are doing the same
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Electrician and Outdoor Lighting courses a plus; industry certification a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge/safe use of lighting tools, parts and equipment
- A minimum of 2 years in installation of outdoor lighting experience required
- Valid and appropriate driver’s license with an acceptable record may be required for the position
- Effective supervisory experience a plus
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. Occasionally, employee will sit, climb, or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees in this position are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme cold, heat, wind, and rain. Employees are occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of shock. Employees are frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The Outdoor Lighting Technician must possess a positive “can-do” attitude to meet the daily expectations/goals established by the Manager and the company.
- Smoke-free office, vehicles, and facilities
- Substance-free workplace
- Willingness and ability to work 40-50 hours per week during peak season
Environmental EnhancementsSterling, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.