Wetland Scientist - Mid-Atlantic Region
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. (ECT) is interested in hiring a full time, Wetland Scientist to join our Natural Resources Service Line in the Mid-Atlantic area. Strong plant identification, knowledge mid-Atlantic species, and knowledge of threatened and endangered species, wetland delineations, and ecological restoration is a plus. The ideal candidate will be located in Virginia or North Carolina.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform fieldwork, planning, scheduling, and technical support for services related to wetland delineations, natural resources inventories, permit compliance, regulatory support and other environmental surveys
- Conduct natural features assessments and reporting via desktop and field review, wetland delineation, including soil and wetland identification and characterization in the region, threatened & endangered species surveys, permitting, and ecological monitoring
- Travel, including multiple days, occasional weekends, in-and-out of state overnight travel, is expected for this position
- Prepare technical reports with the ability to improve in writing skills and QA/QC processes
- Complete fieldwork with consideration to their own and the team's safety
- Prioritize project needs and adapt to changing schedules
- Assess situations, critical problem solving, and working efficiently and practically
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in botany, ecology, wildlife biology, or related natural resource field is required
- 1-3 years’ experience related to wetland delineation, botanical surveys, threatened and endangered species surveys; native vegetation identification and restoration
- Knowledge of flora and fauna in the mid-Atlantic region and wetland delineation experience
- Familiarity with regional regulations and previous experience with environmental consulting and project and budget management is welcomed.
- Strong plant identification. knowledge of mid-Atlantic region flora and fauna species, and an understanding of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual and Regional Supplements is required
- Excellent field, writing, and oral communication skills
Capabilities & Credentials:
- Professional Wetland Scientist certification preferred but not required
- Able to communicate effectively and function as part of a team
- Skill in technical writing as well as environmental research and analysis
- Knowledge and skills related to GPS and ArcGIS software desired
- Experience using advanced technology to collect field data
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects and changing priorities without missing deadlines or losing sight of overall project goals
- Work independently with little direct supervision; self-motivated with sound professional judgement
- Able to lift heavy objects, traverse rough terrain, and experience inclement weather with exposure to sun and insects
- Reliable transportation and the ability and willingness to undertake considerable travel (day and multi-night) during the field season
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
ECT is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc
Energy and Environment
Get fresh Wetlands Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.