Cultural Resources Program Lead/Manager
Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc Tampa, FL
- Expired: June 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
An interesting and challenging opportunity awaits you with Environmental Consulting & Technology (ECT), Inc. We are proud to be an industry leader in environmental solutions throughout the United States while offering a culture that encourages work-life balance and opportunities to learn and grow your career. Our work involves a multitude of unique projects, both small and large to offer variety, yet our company is small enough for your voice to be heard. We are looking for new members to join our professional team of scientists, planners, and project managers and help us build our service lines.
This role requires someone with exceptional leadership skills and a demonstrated record of business success and growth as evidenced by at least 10 years of experience creating and delivering successful business development and marketing strategies. Candidates can be located in Southeast/Florida, Midwest, and Central Atlantic regions of the U.S.
Experience and qualifications for success:
- Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field and 10 years of progressively responsible experience in business development, managing projects, fieldwork, consulting, including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, and scopes of work from pre-field tasks to final report preparation.
- Emphasis in archaeology, with experience conducting and leading archaeological projects.
- Leverage market knowledge, industry insight, and business acumen to develop the Cultural Resource strategic business plan then achieve annual plan goals for the practice.
- Possess advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic, ceramic, or faunal analysis; osteology; historical archaeology).
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring, and providing leadership for other cultural resources professionals.
- Establish and implement technical and methodological standards for the Cultural Resources Practice and ensure that QA/QC standards that meet or exceed professional standards are consistently met.
- Lead practice talent acquisition and development, including continual assessment of market and service needs to ensure best in class talent are recruited, supported, and developed.
- Optimize project performance by ensuring technical veracity, principles and practices of proactive project management, risk management and quality control are implemented. Demonstrate solution-oriented and collaborative communication, ensuring practice issues are addressed in a timely and constructive manner.
- Strong business development skills as a "seller/doer" to develop productive business relationships with agency, client, and industry contacts.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, positive, energetic, and the ability to work with and supervise teams.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge of federal, state, local historic preservation and cultural resources regulations and demonstrate an established area of analytical expertise and/or archaeological research interest.
- A Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) and/or meeting the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Archaeology is required.
- Experience preparing NEPA documents to support Section 106 consultation for a variety of federal agencies.
- Involvement with regional and national professional historic or archaeological societies.
- Basic knowledge of soils and sediments.
- Technical report first author examples.
- Report and documents editing and review experience.
- Basic GIS knowledge and experience
- Ability to travel an estimated 75% of the time.
- Willing to travel overnight for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle record screening.
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.