Enventive Engineering, Inc., develops design analysis software for use by mechanical engineers. Our software integrates conceptual design, mathematical, and kinematic capabilities, resulting in extensive analysis and simulation capabilities. Although our historical focus has been on tolerance analysis, our broader focus is on identifying sources of variation for critical parameters.
This is a fully remote job -- we all work from our homes. That said, you need to be able to live near the Denver, Boston, or Iowa City areas.
While we do not expect the prospective employee to be expert in all of the following areas, we do require that they be expert in more than one of these areas and be willing to learn about all the others:
- Mathematical representations of 3D geometry.
- Representation of 2D and 3D geometric relationships by algebraic equations which can be solved. This geometry includes forces, moments, velocities and accelerations.
- Graph theory, writing code to perform depth-first and breadth-first searches and especially algorithms such as finding strongly connected components and maximal flow.
- Solving nonlinear systems of algebraic equations using a variant of Newton's method which involves the solution of singular and non-square matrix equations. This also includes the analysis of the solution for redundancies, remaining degrees of freedom, and the presence of singularities.
- Effects of truncation of arithmetic operations on the accuracy of the results. Our product does not ask the user for an accuracy number but automatically determines the maximal accuracy that can be obtained using double precision arithmetic.
- The effect that each of these equations being close to but not at a solution has on the rest of the geometry. This includes analyzing the impact of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per the various standards (ASME Y14.5 and ISO 1101) on the function of the design.
- Monte Carlo (random) simulation, including the statistical analysis of the results. Stepwise linear regression is not currently used but soon will be.
- Areas of our product make use of lots of basic probability theory.
- BS in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering (or 2+ years of related experience)
- Fluent in C++
- Ability to move to the area around Denver, Boston, or Iowa City.
If you are interested in this job, please send a cover letter and resume (tell us all about yourself) to: jobs @ enventive.com .
Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Enventive Engineering, Inc.