We are recruiters hired by one of the top music and entertainment boutique law firm to find a top-notch Legal Assistant for one of the name partners and founders of the Firm. This assistant will primarily support this partner and support the 3 associates when needed. We are seeking an experienced Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant to perform administrative duties of a highly responsible, confidential and time-sensitive nature for the partner who represents A-level musicians and talent. Of primary importance is good judgment, organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to work well with others. The Assistant must possess good judgment, work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and communicate well with all levels of management and staff. An entertainment background is a must.
- Provide legal and administrative support including, but not limited to rolling calls, taking extensive notes on every call and drafting deals and extensive memos based on the notes.
- Answer and prioritize incoming calls; place outgoing calls. Schedule international and multi-participant conference calls, attorney staff meetings and various calendar appointments.
- Copy documents; proofread deal memos and contracts. Edit and proofread correspondence, and redline documents. Be the point of contact with this partner and the team of junior attorneys on his team.
- Organize travel arrangements and prepare travel itineraries. Process expense reports.
- Must be open to assignments from the Partner and junior attorneys. Provide support and coverage to other attorneys as needed.
- Handle some limited personal matters such as real estate, philanthropic endeavors and personal calendar.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of legal executive administrative experience at a law firm or in-house law department or entertainment company (entertainment is required).
- Possess excellent word processing skills and advanced knowledge of MS Word and MS Outlook
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat (particularly with respect to converting scanned documents to MS Word)
- Excellent dictation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent judgement and uphold the highest standards of confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and availability to work overtime on short notice required, although overtime is minimal.
- Must have a 4 year degree.